Customer Service 866.965.0400

Amount of product used

BitterGreg

Question

The wheels I have been cleaning lately have had multiple years of brake dust caked on them. I have been going through about 12-14oz's of Deep Wheel Cleaner on each car. I thought that was a crazy amount, and was going to try less, but then I watched the new wheel video and Adam appears to go through a lot as well, but wasnt sure if that was from multiple takes or not.

On truly filthy wheels, how much product do you use, and any tips on conserving product as I do not want to spend $10 in just wheel cleaner on a job.

Now when I get the cars back a second time they are a breeze to clean having cleaned and sealed them, but I am just now starting to do this on the side, and just about ever client is a new client.

Oh and by the way. I had a F-150 that had caked on brake dust that I had 2 different "detailers" one being an extremely busy car wash tell me they couldn't get it off the wheels and panel. This stuff took care of it with a breeze. 

9 answers to this question

On dirty wheels, I use about 8—10 ounces total because I don't spray my brushes with anything other than water. On dirty wheels, clean them with soap and water first. Then go back again with DWC. When you start with DWC first, you use more because it is attacking the top layers of brake dust before getting to the caked on stuff.

On dirty wheels, I use about 8—10 ounces total because I don't spray my brushes with anything other than water. On dirty wheels, clean them with soap and water first. Then go back again with DWC. When you start with DWC first, you use more because it is attacking the top layers of brake dust before getting to the caked on stuff.

This makes perfect sense. I will definitely be doing this.

I go least aggressive method first, even on wheels:

• pre-rmixed car wash shampoo in a foaming sprayer
  • diluted GWC - 60% GWC to 40% water
  • GWC full strength
  • DWC

You dilute Green Wheel? I havent thought about that. I didnt think it was that strong. Granted I have only used it once as when I cleaned the wheels, I sealed them, so literally 2 weeks worth of daily driving wipes off with my fingers.