Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gen II Pads

dvalentine

Question

I finally had the chance to try out the Gen II pads yesterday. I was doubting how effective they would be, because of their increased size, on my 37 Ford. Some areas on the 37 are tight to get a buffer into, like the front fenders around the headlights and behind the bumper. In the past it made buffing those areas difficult to get to without making contact with the hard part of the buffer on body surfaces.

I watched Adam's new video, ( my personal choice for an Oscar in Best Use of a Porter Cable catagory), and followed his directions.

The pads themselves made a difference in applying the Fine Machine Polish achieving better results than before across flat horizontal surfaces like the hood. AND,, because the pads were larger, they got into those tight areas better !!! :banana: ( who wouda thunk ? )

All in all,, a resounding BRAVO on the new pads !! Well worth the investment if anyone was wondering !!

DV

16 answers to this question

All Pads are textured now with a honeycomb pattern! They are slightly easier to move across a surface. We were not able to see any difference in performance, just slightly easier to use.

We still use the flat pads here at my shop in Boulder, and won't change until they wear out. I'd suggest the same to our customers, as the new pads were a slight improvement, but not one worth breaking out the Credit Card for, not until you kill a pad, or after 6-10 uses.

My $.02:thumbsup:

All Pads are textured now with a honeycomb pattern! They are slightly easier to move across a surface. We were not able to see any difference in performance, just slightly easier to use.

We still use the flat pads here at my shop in Boulder, and won't change until they wear out. I'd suggest the same to our customers, as the new pads were a slight improvement, but not one worth breaking out the Credit Card for, not until you kill a pad, or after 6-10 uses.

WOW ! Things sure change quickly at Adams... I just used the PC 7424 for the very first time last weekend with the gen 2 pads I got 3 weeks ago. They worked very well on the test car ! However, being as paranoid as I am, although cleaned the pads, I just orderred new pads in preparation to do the Vette. Now looks like I'll be using waffle pads instead of the flat pads......Guess it all comes out in the wash so to say.

On the posative side, if these are easier to use, I should be able to polish the Vette with one hand !! :banana:

True Bill! We do update things often if possible. The Gen2 pads have been out for nearly a year, however, you jut got yours at the end of that year!

One more benefit of the textured pads: They stay cooler, and hold the product from slinging better.:thumbsup:

One more benefit of the textured pads: They stay cooler, and hold the product from slinging better.:thumbsup:

I like the idea of "hold the product from slinging better".....

Wore the same cowboy boots to work today as polished the car with, looked down, and they were coverred with specks of white "slinging" :lol:

So the Pads only last 6 to 10 uses oops! I 'm ordering now :o

So the Pads only last 6 to 10 uses oops! I 'm ordering now :o

You will get way more than 6-10 uses, I'm on my original "demo" Gen2 Pads from last year and have had zero loss of use. Probably 20 cars at this point have used them.

Hey Adam , How can you tell when the pads are worn out & need replaced ? At what point do they quit performing like they should ? Chris

I would expect the Orange pad to go first since it sees rough finishes and gets the most pressure/use. Once it feels like a black pad and is soft - give us a call!