Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailed: 1988 Mustang Saleen

Fierce5

This one was a referral from the client for whom I detailed the Audi last month. The customer wanted to me to do the engine bay, headlights, polish the rims and.......the undercarriage, not just wheelliners or mufflers but the whole bottom/belly of the car. Here are some shots of the car before I touched it.

DSC_0528.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0533.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

I started with the wheels and polished the metal on lips after cleaning the wheels with All Purpose Cleaner. Here's a 50/50 shot (notice the mark line)

DSC_0546%2B(1).jpg

DSC_0549%2B(1).jpg

Next, the engine bay and used my Mytee Firebird steamer and my detailing brush to loosen the dirt and grime on the engine, cables, battery, etc. Here's a before and after shot

Before:

DSC_0538.jpg

After:

DSC_0556.jpg

After I was done with the engine bay I hit the headlights to try and bring them as close to new as possible. Keep in mind that these are 26 years old headlights. Here's a before and after.

Before:

DSC_0542%2B(1).jpg

After:

DSC_0545%2B(1).jpg

Then I started working on the carriage. The owner has a lift and I was working at his place so that made some of the work easier. I don't have a lot of after shots here because after I sprayed the undercarriage with All Purpose Cleaner and worked the steamer to dissolve some the grease and gunk, it was literally raining garbage on me from the bottom of the car, thank God I was wearing a cap! Here's a 50/50 shot of the muffler, one detailed and one not.

IMG_1106.jpg

Finally, I started my favorite part which is paint correction. The car had minor scratches and swirl marks but they were so minor I couldn't really catch them with the car using the light in the garage and Energizer LED headband I have. I used Paint Correcting Polish, then glaze and finally some Americana paste wax. Here are some after shots.

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Beautiful work!

I love early Saleen Mustang's and this looks like an incredibly nice, original example. The only thing out of place is the '89+ windshield decal. It should be the same font as the other emblems. A lot of Saleen's got butchered with tasteless modifications over the years or beat to hell. You didn't show the interior but I'd assume it's as nice as the rest of the car. It's a bad deal if the Flo-Fit seats and matching rear seat / door panel upholstery gets worn out because correct replacement material doesn't exist.

Beautiful work!

I love early Saleen Mustang's and this looks like an incredibly nice, original example. The only thing out of place is the '89+ windshield decal. It should be the same font as the other emblems. A lot of Saleen's got butchered with tasteless modifications over the years or beat to hell. You didn't show the interior but I'd assume it's as nice as the rest of the car. It's a bad deal if the Flo-Fit seats and matching rear seat / door panel upholstery gets worn out because correct replacement material doesn't exist.

Thank you. I didn't show the interior because I was only asked to do the exterior and the undercarriage so I didnt take interior pics, as is the car took me 12 hours!