Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glazed my Wheels

SYMAWD

Question

My wheels are gloss black with a machined face.  This pretty much means swirls everywhere.  Even if I correct them, they'll just come back from driving through snow and salt.  So a little brilliant glaze and a little quick sealant later and they are looking, well, brilliant.  Unfortunately the sun just went down as I finished, but this is a great combo.

IMAG0322_zps16irpg3t.jpg

Also, I washed my car for the first time in about 6 weeks (I know, but it's better than washing improperly) and found this nice rock chip on the hood :(

IMAG0321_zpszyv8ioog.jpg

Edited by SYMAWD

7 answers to this question

The wheels look good.  I thought you had them coated.

Only part of my car that is not coated.  They were never perfect so I never wanted to coat them in case I wanted to go back and perfect them.  Even the tires are coated.  What's on them in that pic is 3 months old.  If I want more shine, I'd just need to go back and put on another coat and I'd be good for months.  And putting on a coat is no harder than putting on a tire dressing.

As far as the chip, I'll have the guy at my dealership take a look at it.  He does really good work and levels the touch up paint chemically just like Langka and Dr. Colorchip.  The only issue is the paint is pearl, so the match will never be perfect, but it's pretty small.  It's a weird spot, too; more than half way up the hood.

Only part of my car that is not coated.  They were never perfect so I never wanted to coat them in case I wanted to go back and perfect them.  Even the tires are coated.  What's on them in that pic is 3 months old.  If I want more shine, I'd just need to go back and put on another coat and I'd be good for months.  And putting on a coat is no harder than putting on a tire dressing.

I couldn't remember for sure.  I know about the tire coating.  I use the same one from time to time and like you it lasts 2-3 months.