Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless wash & wheels

stingrayc7

Question

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!

Just quick questions and suggestions about rinseless washing wheels, feel free to post your methods too..

Since it's one of the toughest jobs to keep the wheels clean and most time consuming, I've been fully detailing my wheels with the wheel cleaner, shampoo and my collection of brushes every 2-3 weeks and maintain them with every rinseless wash with just the dripping towel and it's breaking my back!

Has anyone tried to dip the wheel brushes (woolies, turbo stick etc..) into the rinseless wash bucket and cleaned the wheels? thought this would cut the cleaning time to half or less as you only need to pull and agitate then dry.. with no pressure washer needed.

is it safe to do so? has anyone tried it?

Thanks and happy holidays!

15 answers to this question

I would make up a solution of RW. Take a around  2 oz. of RW and mix it with water and spray your wheels first then use your method.

Wise thinking.. lubricity is key, will try it tomorrow and will report back! will 1:16 be enough?

Pre soak with a QD dilution, here's a tip, wrap a cheapo MF towel around your wheel woolie and go to town cleaning the barrel if you want to save your hands. Then when done with the wheel toss the towel in the laundry bucket, and move on to the next wheel with a fresh towel, assuming you rinseless wash using the GDWM this is the best way.

I use about 6 plush soft towels for the car itself, and keep 4 cheapo towels soaking in the bucket and use 1 per wheel. Hope that helps.

When doing rinse less I do the wheels after the car. I put my tools in the leftover rindless solution and spray the wheels with cleaner as normal. I then clean as normal and use a pump sprayer full of water to spray them down. Then air dry the wheel. Works perfect and is very safe with still minimal water usage.

Pre soak with a QD dilution, here's a tip, wrap a cheapo MF towel around your wheel woolie and go to town cleaning the barrel if you want to save your hands. Then when done with the wheel toss the towel in the laundry bucket, and move on to the next wheel with a fresh towel, assuming you rinseless wash using the GDWM this is the best way.

I use about 6 plush soft towels for the car itself, and keep 4 cheapo towels soaking in the bucket and use 1 per wheel. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tips! that will help for sure as I do rinseless wash using GDWM (a bucket with 5 MF towels for the body and 2 for wheels)

I'll make that 4 old MF towels for the wheels and wrap each around the wheel woolie and do the barrels and soak a wheel brush in the left over solution for the face of the wheels then dry..

Might take pics and post later :)

When doing rinse less I do the wheels after the car. I put my tools in the leftover rindless solution and spray the wheels with cleaner as normal. I then clean as normal and use a pump sprayer full of water to spray them down. Then air dry the wheel. Works perfect and is very safe with still minimal water usage.

I'll start putting the tools in the solution starting today bc I got tired of carrying my portable pressure washer outside filled with 15L of water which sometimes runs out without finishing the last wheel and I had to go up again to refill which takes a lot of time and effort. So doing it all with just rinseless wash is my only option.

I'll start putting the tools in the solution starting today bc I got tired of carrying my portable pressure washer outside filled with 15L of water which sometimes runs out without finishing the last wheel and I had to go up again to refill which takes a lot of time and effort. So doing it all with just rinseless wash is my only option.

Many time rinse less is not strong enough as a stand alone to clean the brake dust, which is why I use a cleaner as well. Especially with the crazy dusting pads on that C7! But it adds extra lubricity to the process. I normally only do rinseless washes and you get the best of both worlds this way.

Edited by GlossAngeles

Many time rinse less is not strong enough as a stand alone to clean the brake dust, which is why I use a cleaner as well. Especially with the crazy dusting pads on that C7! But it adds extra lubricity to the process. I normally only do rinseless washes and you get the best of both worlds this way.

Did a rinseless wash today and I'm glad it worked fine.. I did a full detail on the wheels few days ago and there wasn't that much brake dust but it was dirty, So I took the advice of spraying the wheels with 1:16 rinseless solution and used 2 brushes to agitate the barrels and the face then sprayed again with 1:256 from my rinseless bucket using a pump sprayer then dried with towels and they got totally clean!

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!

Just quick questions and suggestions about rinseless washing wheels, feel free to post your methods too..

Since it's one of the toughest jobs to keep the wheels clean and most time consuming, I've been fully detailing my wheels with the wheel cleaner, shampoo and my collection of brushes every 2-3 weeks and maintain them with every rinseless wash with just the dripping towel and it's breaking my back!

Has anyone tried to dip the wheel brushes (woolies, turbo stick etc..) into the rinseless wash bucket and cleaned the wheels? thought this would cut the cleaning time to half or less as you only need to pull and agitate then dry.. with no pressure washer needed.

is it safe to do so? has anyone tried it?

Thanks and happy holidays!

I have done rinse-less washes with wheel woolies and a boars hair wheel brush and it works but I am never happy with a rinse-less on the wheels. Great on paint.  

I have done rinse-less washes with wheel woolies and a boars hair wheel brush and it works but I am never happy with a rinse-less on the wheels. Great on paint.  

If you keep your wheels coated/sealed it works great for maintenance actually in my opinion and experience.  But yes you and I agree that if temps permit I enjoy traditionally doing wheels/tires/fender wells.

If you keep your wheels coated/sealed it works great for maintenance actually in my opinion and experience.  But yes you and I agree that if temps permit I enjoy traditionally doing wheels/tires/fender wells.

Mine are coated. I just don't get the same magic from a rinse-less wheel wash that I do from the bucket wash.