Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cyclo Speeds..

DJJimGreen

Question

Hello again!

I swear I do searches before asking all these questions..

I'm about to take a dive into using my cyclo for the first time and am totally curious what people generally use for speeds/applications.

What are most people working at, when doing polishing/waxing/sealing? 6? 4? 2 on the edges? I really don't know, but also feel like asking a newb question is better than burning through paint...

Thanks!

*edit*

Is it comparable on a flex?

Edited by DJJimGreen

8 answers to this question

I pretty much leave mine all the way cranked up. The low speeds on the cyclo are kinda worthless.

Use the PC for sealant/wax and the rotary for heavy work.

I want to get a flex, but the whole money thing is limiting. :)

For polishing, start at 3-4 to spread the polish out, then crank it up to 6.

For spreading wax or sealant, 2-4.

The low speeds really don't do anything except spread.

Got it! Thank you.

I want to get a flex, but the whole money thing is limiting. :)

Got it! Thank you.

I started with a PC and soon found myself wanting a Flex.  I ended up picking one up from Phil @ Detailers Domain when Adam's quit carrying them.  Love the Flex. 

I started with a PC and soon found myself wanting a Flex.  I ended up picking one up from Phil @ Detailers Domain when Adam's quit carrying them.  Love the Flex. 

I think I might the only person that doesn't like the Flex... Well to be clear just the 3401. I have a 3403 VRG but that is a rotary and I love that one.

The backwards rotation throws me off on it and ends up walking me around panels like a noob.

Am I missing something? Looks like they carry it.....?

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/kits/adam-s-flex-3401-vrg-dual-action-orbital-polisher.html

I think I might the only person that doesn't like the Flex... Well to be clear just the 3401. I have a 3403 VRG but that is a rotary and I love that one.

The backwards rotation throws me off on it and ends up walking me around panels like a noob.

Interesting! Good to keep in mind. Thanks!