Customer Service 866.965.0400

Suds!

ArablueRS3

Question

(Shameless plug for the Bills) I'm wondering about lack of suds. I purchased the Gilmour foam gun because I didn't want to lug around a pressure washer. I do know I'll get more foam using a foam lance. I use about one ounce of adams soap and warm water. A few times I went with two ounces and still not much foam. Could it be this hard San Diego water that hurts?

post-5381-0-19459700-1421600584_thumb.jpg

23 answers to this question

I use the same foam gun I do t have a problem with the sids it leave:(i keep it in option C) because I still give it the good Ol 2 buck t wash system and then I spray it again before I rinse injust use it to make the pads wash a bit easier to hit t over again

I'd go with about 3 oz of shampoo and 1 oz of Rinseless to neutralize the hard water.

Use warm water, and pour the soap in last. I'd also put it on D or E as well.

I have a Griots foaming gun for the hose and although it's not adjustable I get a damn respectable amount of suds for only using about 2 oz

You're using too little product. 2oz is enough to generate good lather with a foam CANNON b/c the PSI and flow rate, plus the manner in which it creates the suds requires far less. When using a foam GUN on a hose you should be typically using about 4oz to get a decent foam, but keep in mind this is still not going to create a clinging lather like a cannon does.

For reference heres a little side by side screen cap from a vid I made with a different product.

On top - 2oz of soap in a cannon  vs. on bottom - 4oz of soap in a foam gun. Both shots are taken at the moment the vehicle had been completely sprayed.

The gun will produce foam, but it doesn't cling nearly as well. Still better than nothing, but set expectations reasonably.

post-12389-0-41479900-1421684086_thumb.jpg

I'll have that writeup up later this week possibly - also in talks with the fine folks at MTM about producing this specific configuration for us in a 'assemble yourself' kit available thru Adam's. Stay tuned.

That would be sick.  If you could get the gun included then it would work with anyones PW and no more messing with adapters for different brands.

I'd go with about 3 oz of shampoo and 1 oz of Rinseless to neutralize the hard water.

Use warm water, and pour the soap in last. I'd also put it on D or E as well.

I have a Griots foaming gun for the hose and although it's not adjustable I get a damn respectable amount of suds for only using about 2 oz

Pause. Rinseless neutralizes hard water?!

Yes the polymers encapsulate the minerals, softening and purifying the water and add lubrication. Similar to ONR as it's the same technology. Add an ounce to your soap bucket when you wash as well.

This is news to me!!! Well, fantastic. Happy I lurk around all the forum areas. :)

I have the old foam gun Adam's USED to sell. 2 pumps of car shampoo from the gallon topped off with water and I get an awesome amount of foam...way more than you're getting with 4 oz, which is interesting.

I have the same one (its still sold by GG), love it!

I have the old foam gun Adam's USED to sell. 2 pumps of car shampoo from the gallon topped off with water and I get an awesome amount of foam...way more than you're getting with 4 oz, which is interesting.

I'm thinking it's the bad water I have here in San Diego. I tried an ounce of Rinseless in my wash bucket. It killed the suds fast!