Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polish is not coming off completely!

DwDrummer

Question

I got a chance today to try out my Adams essential kit with my Porter Cable this afternoon. I noticed that the Swirl and Haze remover, Fine Machine Polish, and Super Wax would not completely wipe off and left a nice shine but when you touch you finger to the paint its still has a oily haze to it. I misted the pads with detail spray and also misted my MF towel with detail spray but it still didn't help. Did I use to much product? What am I doing wrong? I just stopped where I was because I wanted to see what I was doing wrong before I finished my truck. Hopefully I can get this figured out by tomorrow so I can finish my truck and get my shine on!:D

Thanks,

DwDrummer

Edited by DwDrummer

I got a chance today to try out my Adams essential kit with my Porter Cable this afternoon. I noticed that the Swirl and Haze remover, Fine Machine Polish, and Super Wax would not completely wipe off and left a nice shine but when you touch you finger to the paint its still has a oily haze to it. I misted the pads with detail spray and also misted my MF towel with detail spray but it still didn't help. Did I use to much product? What am I doing wrong? I just stopped where I was because I wanted to see what I was doing wrong before I finished my truck. Hopefully I can get this figured out by tomorrow so I can finish my truck and get my shine on!:D

Thanks,

DwDrummer

Just to make sure.

You used the SHR and FMP and wiped it clean. Then the MSW and waited for it to dry completely and after wiping that off it still felt oily ?

Correct, the polish does not need to dry but the wax should be left for at least 20 minutes. Longer if it's cold. Before you go to take the wax off just wipe a finger across it, it should come off like a fine dust.

I've let it sit for more than an hour in the cold and it comes off great. On another note, I usually wash after polishing to make sure the surface is completely clean of the polish. Other will use a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water in a spray gun to clean the surface and check for any defects they might have missed during polishing, both methods work well :thumbsup:

Keep us posted :xfingers:

I washed the pads out this afternoon so I'm gonna start on the passenger side in the morning and when I use the SMW I'm gonna let it sit for about 30-60 minutes before I wipe it off and see if that helps!

Also I clayed the truck before polishing & waxing and didn't completely get all the detail spray off, could this have caused the oily residue??

Thanks for all the help so far!

Also I clayed the truck before polishing & waxing and didn't completely get all the detail spray off, could this have caused the oily residue??

Thanks for all the help so far!

Nope, the polishing would have taken care of that. Just remember when polishing and waxing less is better, a couple pea sized spots of polish on the pad and then when waxing get it as thin as possible. A little goes a long way, once you think you have it thin enough get it even thinner :thumbsup:

I shook up everything really well before using them and your right the humidity might have been a factor. Bill it's supposed to be in th 40's here tomorrow though!:(

The salt/sand truck just went down my street so excuse me if I don't feel sorry for you for your bad weather tomorrow :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

:iagree: Yea I think that you are not letting it dry long enough !

Ok hopefully that was the trick!:D I using a set of Halogen stand light to make sure that I'm getting all the swirls and imperfections out.

On a side note what speed should I set my PC to when using:

S&H

FMP

I believe you use speed 3 for SMW correct?

Thanks,

DwDrummer

Ok hopefully that was the trick!:D I using a set of Halogen stand light to make sure that I'm getting all the swirls and imperfections out.

On a side note what speed should I set my PC to when using:

S&H

FMP

I believe you use speed 3 for SMW correct?

Thanks,

DwDrummer

SHR 5 to 6

FMP 5 to 6

MSW 3

Nope, the polishing would have taken care of that. Just remember when polishing and waxing less is better, a couple pea sized spots of polish on the pad and then when waxing get it as thin as possible. A little goes a long way, once you think you have it thin enough get it even thinner :thumbsup:

Ok I know I used to much to start with but towad the end I was putting just a little polish in the center of the pad and using about one spray of detail spray!!:D

The salt/sand truck just went down my street so excuse me if I don't feel sorry for you for your bad weather tomorrow :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Dude I hate it for you....We are supposed to get some snow this weekend though!!:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Hi Derek- I'm sorry to hear you have a residue! As always, I'm happy to solve problems by phone too, and it's best to call while you are in the garage, detailing the vehicle so I can give real time advice.

My cell: 303-718-9480. Call anytime, and if I'm in a meeting, or at home and the baby is sleeping, I'll call you back as soon as possible, usually within 30 minutes. Always leave me a message!

We don't receive many complaints, so when we get one, I take it very seriously. My goal is always to solve the problem as quickly as possible.

The protection offered by the SuperWax is serious, it's more of a polymer sealant. That said, it sometimes requires the 2nd wipe down 12 hrs later. Also, a squeaky, bone-dry finish would indicate there is little protection on the surface.

Let's review the instructions on the bottle to make sure the process was followed to start. If not, we'll start there, and then identify the solution!

Instructions:

1. Wash & Dry Vehicle, or use Detail Spray to remove minor dust.
  2. Clay vehicle if rough, then use our Fine Machine Polish.
  3. Apply a fine layer of Adam’s Machine Super Wax with the D/A polisher at 3,000 OPM’s, using the dark gray pad.
  4. Allow to cure for 20 minutes, or more if humid or cold.
  5. Remove ONLY with a clean Adam’s Premium Microfiber Polishing Towel.
  6. Low grade Microfiber is not effective with our Super Wax.
  7. Allow 12 hours to pass, then re-wipe down waxed surfaces with Adam’s Super Plush MF Towel.
  8. If any oily residue exists after removal, spray a fine mist of Detail Spray, and wipe clean with a clean Super Plush towel.

Once before, a customer felt the product did not remove completely from the finish. After giving the vehicle a 2nd wipe the following morning, after the polymers had cured and dried, it fixed the issue.

Give this a go, and if you are having any issues getting a perfect finish, call me on the cell, and we'll solve the problem together. Usually, there's a one little thing that makes a perfect finish. I'm here to identify that one thing!

Thanks Derek:thumbsup:

Got another question, the S&H remover is getting real dusty and looks about like dandruff going everywhere? What am I doing wrong here?

Two possibilities here Derek:

1. Too much product, typically, will result in dry solids looking like dandruff. (Mist of Detail Spray is helpful, and just don't apply any more polish until it's completely invisible.)
  2. If the pad was not cleaned thoroughly after the last use, dried polish can vibrate out of the foam. (APC, rinse thoroughly, squeeze water out, let to dry overnight indoors, or where warm.)

Either way, no sweat, and no harm can be done!:2thumbs:

12oz MachineSuperWax.pdf

Edited by Adam

Hi Derek- I'm sorry to hear you have a residue! As always, I'm happy to solve problems by phone too, and it's best to call while you are in the garage, detailing the vehicle so I can give real time advice.

My cell: 303-718-9480. Call anytime, and if I'm in a meeting, or at home and the baby is sleeping, I'll call you back as soon as possible, usually within 30 minutes. Always leave me a message!

We don't receive many complaints, so when we get one, I take it very seriously. My goal is always to solve the problem as quickly as possible.

The protection offered by the SuperWax is serious, it's more of a polymer sealant. That said, it sometimes requires the 2nd wipe down 12 hrs later. Also, a squeaky, bone-dry finish would indicate there is little protection on the surface.

Let's review the instructions on the bottle to make sure the process was followed to start. If not, we'll start there, and then identify the solution!

Instructions:

1. Wash & Dry Vehicle, or use Detail Spray to remove minor dust.
  2. Clay vehicle if rough, then use our Fine Machine Polish.
  3. Apply a fine layer of Adam’s Machine Super Wax with the D/A polisher at 3,000 OPM’s, using the dark gray pad.
  4. Allow to cure for 20 minutes, or more if humid or cold.
  5. Remove ONLY with a clean Adam’s Premium Microfiber Polishing Towel.
  6. Low grade Microfiber is not effective with our Super Wax.
  7. Allow 12 hours to pass, then re-wipe down waxed surfaces with Adam’s Super Plush MF Towel.
  8. If any oily residue exists after removal, spray a fine mist of Detail Spray, and wipe clean with a clean Super Plush towel.

Once before, a customer felt the product did not remove completely from the finish. After giving the vehicle a 2nd wipe the following morning, after the polymers had cured and dried, it fixed the issue.

Give this a go, and if you are having any issues getting a perfect finish, call me on the cell, and we'll solve the problem together. Usually, there's a one little thing that makes a perfect finish. I'm here to identify that one thing!

Thanks Derek:thumbsup:

Two possibilities here Derek:

1. Too much product, typically, will result in dry solids looking like dandruff. (Mist of Detail Spray is helpful, and just don't apply any more polish until it's completely invisible.)
  2. If the pad was not cleaned thoroughly after the last use, dried polish can vibrate out of the foam. (APC, rinse thoroughly, squeeze water out, let to dry overnight indoors, or where warm.)

Either way, no sweat, and no harm can be done!:2thumbs:

Thanks Adam for the detailed reply!:jester: Now that's customer service:pc:I'll give it another try today and if it doesn't work out I'll give you a call either this afternoon or tomorrow morning! Thanks again for all your help!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Derek

Yep so occasionally I have blond moments. I had the same issue once and I had somehow managed to swap VRT with S&H remover:willy: They are both white and I was really tired...needless to say that made for an oily finish and a long night. Thank god it was one of my cars....haven't made that mistake again.

Its just a thought...not saying you did that but i would say its "plausible"