Customer Service 866.965.0400

Viper Paint Correction

Holder

This one needed serious help. 25 hours into this 800 hp beast then we get to the car show and the owner wiped it down with looked like a bath towel. I was very frustrated and couldn't help but ask what happened to his paint. Long story short, this Viper will be at a few shows this year as a demo car.

Before my work was destroyed here's what she looked like. Finished with Brilliant Glaze and coat of Patriot.

post-8351-0-57888700-1421811754_thumb.jpgpost-8351-0-69471900-1421811916_thumb.jpgpost-8351-0-72355000-1421811935_thumb.jpgpost-8351-0-55098700-1421811945_thumb.jpgpost-8351-0-99192100-1421811968_thumb.jpgpost-8351-0-54915200-1421812067_thumb.jpgpost-8351-0-08814100-1421812080_thumb.jpg

I'm assuming you are a professional/for-profit Detailer....

So...you should go to the owner and THANK HIM! Actually, why don't you buy him some cheap Chinese MF towels to use.

As long as he keeps using bad technique and crap products, you've got a repeat customer!! Lol

Seriously.... Your work is awesome. Want to come to PA and do mine?

Edited by PhilT3 2014 BMW M5

I'm assuming you are a professional/for-profit Detailer....

So...you should go to the owner and THANK HIM! Actually, why don't you buy him some cheap Chinese MF towels to use.

As long as he keeps using bad technique and crap products, you've got a repeat customer!! Lol

Seriously.... Your work is awesome. Want to come to PA and do mine?

I don't want to speak for Andrew - and I am not a professional detailer with my own business - but I guess my thought is that he shouldn't really thank the customer for ruining all of his hard detailing work for someone that doesn't take care of the vehicle like that after the fact...say he's at a car show/meet/cruise/cars 'n coffee/whatever with a very popular and awesome car like that Viper ACR, and someone comes up and comments something like "Hey! I know someone that can professionally detail all of those swirls out of your paint if you're interested..." and then the customer says "Oh, I already had it detailed by <name here> a few weeks ago..."  Word could spread fast of his "poor" work and could actually hurt getting future customers.  

There's a thought/statement that I read several years ago that I completely agree with: If you go onto almost any forum...this one doesn't count ;) - cars, electronics, whatever - if you look around, the majority of threads are started to complain about a car/product/service.  It isn't very often that you actually read about people praising a product on most forums, because they go onto forums to complain about their issues and hopefully find a solution :)  Negative publicity seems to spread faster and be remembered longer than positive comments.  Just think of something like car recalls.  Manufacturers are always getting negative press for having 600,000 cars recalled here or 2 million cars recalled there, but how many hundreds of millions of cars are out there not causing problems every day - those numbers don't get reported nearly as often.  

I know there are vehicles that I've spent 20+ hours detailing that I see a few weeks or two months later out in town, and they're already trashed again.  They go to the bottom of my schedule if they want the vehicle done again, or sometimes I just tell them "sorry I have too many other cars to do right now", because I would rather have customers that appreciate and maintain that work and bring me other customers with that same appreciation since I detail as a hobby and to have fun.  To a lesser degree, I've also found that the people that don't care for the car afterward are also the people that want to pay as little money as possible in the first place, i.e. I quote them say a modest $250 for 25+ hours of work doing a full exterior wash>clay>polish>seal>wax, interior, engine bay, etc. and they say "you can't do that for $100?"

Maybe I have the wrong attitude about it, but it does get very frustrating sometimes at having your work destroyed, just like Andrew mentioned above.  Ok, I'll step off my soapbox now :)

Edited by psu goat

I don't want to speak for Andrew - and I am not a professional detailer with my own business - but I guess my thought is that he shouldn't really thank the customer for ruining all of his hard detailing work for someone that doesn't take care of the vehicle like that after the fact...say he's at a car show/meet/cruise/cars 'n coffee/whatever with a very popular and awesome car like that Viper ACR, and someone comes up and comments something like "Hey! I know someone that can professionally detail all of those swirls out of your paint if you're interested..." and then the customer says "Oh, I already had it detailed by <name here> a few weeks ago..."  Word could spread fast of his "poor" work and could actually hurt getting future customers.  

There's a thought/statement that I read several years ago that I completely agree with: If you go onto almost any forum...this one doesn't count ;) - cars, electronics, whatever - if you look around, the majority of threads are started to complain about a car/product/service.  It isn't very often that you actually read about people praising a product on most forums, because they go onto forums to complain about their issues and hopefully find a solution :)  Negative publicity seems to spread faster and be remembered longer than positive comments.  Just think of something like car recalls.  Manufacturers are always getting negative press for having 600,000 cars recalled here or 2 million cars recalled there, but how many hundreds of millions of cars are out there not causing problems every day - those numbers don't get reported nearly as often.  

I know there are vehicles that I've spent 20+ hours detailing that I see a few weeks or two months later out in town, and they're already trashed again.  They go to the bottom of my schedule if they want the vehicle done again, or sometimes I just tell them "sorry I have too many other cars to do right now", because I would rather have customers that appreciate and maintain that work and bring me other customers with that same appreciation since I detail as a hobby and to have fun.  To a lesser degree, I've also found that the people that don't care for the car afterward are also the people that want to pay as little money as possible in the first place, i.e. I quote them say a modest $250 for 25+ hours of work doing a full exterior wash>clay>polish>seal>wax, interior, engine bay, etc. and they say "you can't do that for $100?"

Maybe I have the wrong attitude about it, but it does get very frustrating sometimes at having your work destroyed, just like Andrew mentioned above.  Ok, I'll step off my soapbox now :)

I totally hear ya bud. I really do. Just looking at it from a purely business perspective... And being a wise *** to boot! Lol

I've spoken with him about what the love marks he put back in the paint. I'll be working with him so it doesn't happen again.

I'm his eyes it still looks fantastic. So he's happy with the way the car looks.