Customer Service 866.965.0400

Microfiber static

thatryan

Question

11 answers to this question

Yes they are static-y!

Reason being is because of the negative charge on them (why do you think they pull product and dust/dirt so easily off a surface?), i think its negative charge, someone correct me if needed.

The dryer sheet would negate that charge, and at the same time the oils in the dryer sheets clog the fibers on the towels, so obviously never use them.

Shake em out before folding up.

Oh boy here comes the nerd....

It could be the negative or it could be positive, but whats certain is it's due to Heat and Pressure of the dryer. The towels have ether become Positively Charged or Negatively Charged.

When I say pressure I don't mean how your car seat feels when you're sitting on it. Pressure refers to Stress in mechanics terms. Friction is a form of Mechanical Stress. 

When the towels are bouncing around in a heated area, rubbing against each other, in a dry environment, they become charged because the atoms begin to separate.

Thus, no heat and no rubbing against each other equal no static shock or cling. Why I don't use a dryer.

#FireScience lol

Edited by Kingsford

air dry for me...no dryer....  i take over the wife's clothes drying rack.  First time I did it i got the look follow by "really your hanging your towels for the car to dry"  When i told her yes and that there is special microfiber cleaning soap that was more she could handle...Now years later shes excepted it as the norm.  shes actually folded them for me a few times

air dry for me...no dryer....  i take over the wife's clothes drying rack.  First time I did it i got the look follow by "really your hanging your towels for the car to dry"  When i told her yes and that there is special microfiber cleaning soap that was more she could handle...Now years later shes excepted it as the norm.  shes actually folded them for me a few times

I literally chuckled aloud lol.

yeah... if she only knew that in the last 5 years since I started this mad detail addiction that I have spent at least 5 times more on microfiber detailing towels then we have on regular bath towels....

I flirted around with the idea of a separate washer too just for towels...but she didn't like that one bit!

forgot to mention too i only use the drying rack in the winter months.  in the summer we have a nice long 75' clothes line. 

Reel em out,  let em dry, reel em in, shake, fold, store

With three kids at home there’s always laundry to be done.  only fluffing clothes for 15 mins saves a lot of juice comparing it to 45+ for a full dry