Customer Service 866.965.0400

Corvette ZR-1 hits 205 MPH

Adam

Got up to 156 in the wagon. Had to have a neighbor "pace" me in his 'vette cause my dash only reads 120.

FYI: These wagons are VERY unstable at anything over 140MPH

Sweet!

I didn't even know that those wagons would go that fast!:)

Does it shake really bad after 140?

Sweet!

I didn't even know that those wagons would go that fast!:)

Does it shake really bad after 140?

Bryan Herter at PCMforless.com (AWESOME tuner for all of your LT1 needs;)) did the governor delete, among other neat tunes.

Does NOT shake. Kinda........floats. Extremely vague steering, turn the wheel and it feels like nothings happening, then BAM! off to the next lane you go. Scary.

Nope, i think the 3 sheets of plywood in the back help :jester::jester::jester:

That was 14 sheets of 4X8 1/2" Ply:lolsmack::lolsmack:

LOL:lol:

I was wondering what rating his tires were on the wagon.

General Grabber UHP 255 50R 17's 101V (stock wheels on the Impala)

Adamswheelpolish005.jpg

This old guy has been to 150 mph then chickened out. Not only do the things along side the road go by very quick but it takes alot of driving. Reaction time is short and over correction is not a good thing. Only one thing has to go wrong at high speeds to make an otherwise good day go really bad, no matter what kind of car one drives. The last time I was at 120 mph I just happened to see a deer jump over a fence and cross the road less than a tenth of a second behind me. I showed down very quickly after that, remembering the old saying, "where's there's one deer, there's always another or two". I doubt that even Adam's could make the car doing 120 mph that hits a deer look good again but then . . . . :willy::willy::willy::willy:

• 2 months later...

You really can't compare a 93,000 dollar 4 door to a 100+ thousand dollar 2 door sports car but I must say the M5 is dam quick for a big 4 door.

Edited by Chewy

Jeebus. The fastest I have been is when I hit the limiter on the Shelby at 155...and it wasn't even in 6th gear yet! :banana:

Was that the speed or rev limiter?

I could do that in my F-150.

Just need a really, really tall cliff.

Thats the only way my Ram would ever go that fast too.:lol:

The Shelby has an electronic limiter of 155. I beleive my car used to have one at 146 when it was stock. No more limiter thanks to my programmer!

Oh and doing a topspeed run on a track and on the street is a bit different. It might not have looked like that ZR1 was accelerating up to 200 very fast but it was. A mere Z06 will do 175 in the standing mile with 130 less horsepower.

I'm going to do 200Mph on the track when I go to Atlanta Motor Speedway. Then I'm going to wake up and actually get on the track and probably do about 130. :willy:

If you don't pay attention to the speedo you will find yourself going faster than that!:burnout: