Customer Service 866.965.0400

No wipe off protection?

Z06Seal

Question

Can you guys shed some light on a product like Blackfire Crystal Seal which requires no buffing? after curing process, that's it. there is no wiping off or anything.

Out of curiosity, do we have anything like this? It's meant to be used on top of their sealant. It's almost like our Quick Seal, but the difference being, the blackfire brand is one less step

Anything being planned like this? 

For those of us experiencing the winter from hell (yeah, I know, a bit of an oxymoron) we are glad to have longevity! I used Adam's paint sealant on my wife's car before winter, but didn't get to it on mine. Waxing a car when it is 4 degrees isn't fun. I wish I'd put the sealant on mine too.

The simple fact of the matter is this -

There is a sliding scale for protection in each category that moves between PROTECTION and ease of APPLICATION. Its not a hard and fast rule, but generally the easier a product becomes to apply its generally at the expense of longevity.

I've got plenty of prototypes in my office that are just stupid-difficult to apply, but they are practically impenetrable by traditional sealant standards. In the end what good is a product that makes application long and difficult? But at the same time if its super easy and doesn't last long is it any better?

Key is to find balance... a small investment of effort/time will usually translate to better durability. Things at this point are just at the physical limits of modern chemistry. They gradually improve, but something that is sprayed on and then left will generally fall short on durability compared to a similar compound that requires a more traditional application.

My sweet spot on the scale is a little to the easy side of center, because then I am more likely to actually use the product. No matter how tough or long lasting a sealant or coating is, it isn't doing my car any good if all it is protecting is the inside of the bottle it came in.