Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Gun Instructions

joemiz

Question

I have a gilmore gun and a little disappointed in output - maybe it my water pressure? That's why I am thinking about the new Adams gun with pressure adapter.

Question about mixing procedure. I am still using the old pink shampoo.  If I add 4-5 oz in to bowl, do I add a specific amount of water to the bowl...and that spray  or it is just shampoo in the bowl.

Thanks

11 answers to this question

A lot depends on what gun you're using specifically. Some are adjustable, some are not. If it is adjustable make sure you're running WIDE OPEN for maximum result.

As far as the dilution. You can try to run straight soap, but it won't work very well. If the viscosity of the liquid in the bottle is too thick the vacuum created by the water flow from the hose thru the system won't be enough to pull it into the mix so you almost have to dilute the soap.

With most common residential water pressures 4-5oz of soap per mixture is enough. Save yourself a little work and fill the canister with water first, then add your soap so it doesn't foam up excessively when you're trying to mix. Once you dump in the soap, attach the head to the canister and give it a good shake.

Pull the trigger and foam - If you're not getting enough foam for your liking, add another ounce of soap. Test again. Repeat until you get the best result vs. your desire to burn thru soap.

I have a gilmore gun and a little disappointed in output - maybe it my water pressure? That's why I am thinking about the new Adams gun with pressure adapter.

Question about mixing procedure. I am still using the old pink shampoo. If I add 4-5 oz in to bowl, do I add a specific amount of water to the bowl...and that spray or it is just shampoo in the bowl.

Thanks

You add water also, just add your shampoo then add water screw gun on canister and then give it a shake to mix it up. Edited by SJC96GT

You add water also, just add your shampoo then add water screw gun on canister and then give it a shake to mix it up.

Add water first. Shampoo is always added last. Other wise you'll end up with a mess and not enough product and/or water in the container.

Add water first. Shampoo is always added last. Other wise you'll end up with a mess and not enough product and/or water in the container.

I don't use the hose to fill the container, Ill just use the sink in the garage to slowly add water, put top on and then shake it up. No mess created and all the soap is mixed.

I don't use the hose to fill the container, Ill just use the sink in the garage to slowly add water, put top on and then shake it up. No mess created and all the soap is mixed.

You're lucky. We don't have running water in our garage.

You're lucky. We don't have running water in our garage.

Run inside quick and fill up the container at the sink or fill up a gallon jug with water and slowly pour it into the container. I can see running inside though being a bit of a nuisance.

Run inside quick and fill up the container at the sink or fill up a gallon jug with water and slowly pour it into the container. I can see running inside though being a bit of a nuisance.

Ya it gets old real quick. 200 foot walk and 6 steps up then 15 down to the basement. I tend to forget something every time and have to walk up and down at least 2-3 times. But thats soon to change.

Ya it gets old real quick. 200 foot walk and 6 steps up then 15 down to the basement. I tend to forget something every time and have to walk up and down at least 2-3 times. But thats soon to change.

Yea, that would. Well for the time being just fill up an empty gallon jug you might have laying around and have it close for when you decide to wash.

To make the foam gun even easier to use I pre-mixed my foam gun solution in a gallon container.  It is mixed at 6 oz. Adam's Car Wash Shampoo to 32 oz. of water.  Just pour the solution in the foam gun  and you are ready to go.  If you want a heavier mixture, just add a little more Shampoo to the foam gun.

premixedCarWash006.jpg

To make the foam gun even easier to use I pre-mixed my foam gun solution in a gallon container.  It is mixed at 6 oz. Adam's Car Wash Shampoo to 32 oz. of water.  Just pour the solution in the foam gun  and you are ready to go.  If you want a heavier mixture, just add a little more Shampoo to the foam gun.

premixedCarWash006.jpg

Thanks for sharing, that is a great suggestion! :2thumbs: