Customer Service 866.965.0400

Setting up the ideal home detailing garage

TheStandardDetailing

Question

So for "Fathers Day" I will be getting some additional lighting for my garage. I think I am going to order the below 2 fixtures to start and add an additional 2 later. What I do not know about is the type of bulb. I want the daylight feel so I am not sure if the highest "K" number is the best. It appears to range from 3000-6150K's. I know the larger the number the brighter the bulb, but I know it might not necessarily show all the colors as true as they are. What do you guys use in your spaces?

e74b6b48-0ad2-4914-9c2a-b325a0088bd9_400

I put 6 of these in my 2 wide 2 deep garage and I could tan in my garage at night ;)

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia-Lighting-4-ft-White-Flush-Mount-LED-Wraparound-Light-FMLWL-48-840/205570126?MERCH=REC-_-mobileweb_pip_rr-5-_-203839057-_-205570126-_-N

And I like how you've got them up higher than the bucket caddies. I'd love to see Adams come out with something like this. I love it! Nicely done.

More pics please!

Same here. 

That's always been one of my biggest gripes with detailing carts, they're too low IMO.

It's the first thing I look at when I'm thinking about a detailing cart, the overall height.

I'm 6'4'' and the less I have to bend over while detailing, the better. I've always wanted to see a 48" detailing cart come out, something easier on the back. 

I love that idea of cutting holes into the cart for wash and rinse bucket. Only thing I could see even better, would be to drill holes along side the big holes so that splashed water would drain down.

Same here. 

That's always been one of my biggest gripes with detailing carts, they're too low IMO.

It's the first thing I look at when I'm thinking about a detailing cart, the overall height.

I'm 6'4'' and the less I have to bend over while detailing, the better. I've always wanted to see a 48" detailing cart come out, something easier on the back. 

I love that idea of cutting holes into the cart for wash and rinse bucket. Only thing I could see even better, would be to drill holes along side the big holes so that splashed water would drain down.

I have thought about doing that. At the moment I just towel it dry and hose it down when needed. I also thought about putting a drain in the bottom of the buckets so I wouldn't have to lift the full buckets out.

I know for LED's the daylight bulbs are 5000 K.

5000k is still a bit on the blue side of things. 4300-4500 K seems to be the closest I have seen to daylight. Any warmer (lower number) and you start to get yellow, and any higher it tends to go blue.

Here's mine. Ignore the detailing area products. I'm about half Adams now as I use and replace :D .

Annette

EPSN1172.jpg

EPSN1173.jpg

EPSN1177.jpg

EPSN1178.jpg

EPSN2103.jpg

Wall mount garage door opener might give you a bit more room for ceiling storage. Nice place, Edited by GXPaycheck