Customer Service 866.965.0400

Setting up the ideal home detailing garage

TheStandardDetailing

Question

I will post tomorrow... almost finished my detailing station with power washer & metrovac vac n blo mounted on the wall :) For now here is a video from today. Almost a week of driving (no rain) taking off pollen and bugs. Using spray detailer to clean it up in the garage after drying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmkIT-uA08Y

Edited by moparbrian

Chris05GTO has about the best garage I've seen. Mine's just a two car garage with the back wall lined with cabinets and my detail cart. Nothing special worth posting pics of.  

Agreed!  Do a slo-mo the next time you see a Race Deck commercial and look for the garage with the Adam's posters!

Thanks! I finished the garage last year. I am working on my air system next. I already have a pull down air reel. I spend more time in the garage than the rest of the house- :)

Brian, that's a really nice setup you got there!! Clean and organized!!

Brian,

Husky racks on the wall?

Jason its Gladiator cabinets & tracks. Home Depot, Lowes, Sears seel them, its great metal & quality stuff for the most part.

Edited by moparbrian

Jason its Gladiator cabinets & tracks. Home Depot, Lowes, Sears see them, its great metal & quality stuff for the most part.

I was looking at the Gladiator and Husky but leaned toward the Gladiator because its available more places and our closest Home Depot is 30 miles.

I would die if I was that far from a Home Repo

I'm stuck with Lowes and Menards.... Would much rather have a Home Depot because all my power tools are Milwaukee.

I'll have to post a picture of my garage later with the plans I have for it. I have more shelving arriving today and we are fixing the dry wall sometime this month. Eventually we are going to add on to it and make it deeper and wider.

Thanks Tony it was unfinished a year go. I will post a few pictures in a few days. The detailing area I just set up this month. After thought but now with a black truck as well to wash it will be nice.  

Edited by moparbrian

post-11423-0-57369500-1431478187_thumb.jpg

My early Adams setup. About 5 years ago. Bought a house with metal cabs in the garage. Cabs came from an old time parts store. Have a bunch of those engine belt hanger racks too. Lol. More blurry pic is a reflection of my Adams cabs in the door of my former 2011 Camaro. (6 cars ago lol).The cabs were blue and I painted them black and white to fit an Adams theme.

I've added a Master blaster, Flex, detail seat, electric pressure washer (sams), another bookshelf for gallons, a wall hanging vacuum. No photos now cos it's all over the place. I have 2 garages, one on the house... Where washing and drying happens and a 2 car oversize detached garage in the back where the polishing and other fine tuning happens.

post-11423-0-74378400-1431478230_thumb.jpg

I thought you weren't supposed to keep the detailing supplies in the garage because of the heat causing issues and the same with freezing temps? I can't imagine that people only keep them in their garage 3-4 months out of the year?

I thought you weren't supposed to keep the detailing supplies in the garage because of the heat causing issues and the same with freezing temps? I can't imagine that people only keep them in their garage 3-4 months out of the year?

Depends on the garage. My garage is climate controlled. I keep my stuff in there year round.

Edited by Kingsford

What do you guys suggest for heating and cooling a garage. I am not trying to keep it 70 year round, but between 40-80 when not being used, and the ability to bring that in a bit when working in the garage. The heating is not an issue as I am looking at getting something like the below. The AC is the difficult part as I do not have a window, and dont really want to spend 1-2k on the ductless systems. Any thoughts?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stiebel-Eltron-CKT-15E-Wall-Mounted-Electric-Fan-Heater-with-Timer-CKT-15E/204091962?N=5yc1vZc8oc#customer_reviews

I'll get some pictures of my setup once I actually clean things up this weekend.  I have most of my stuff in the attached 2-car, but buckets and brushes are usually in the detached garage.  My attached garage never really gets below 40 degrees or above 80 (great insulation, energy star certified home), but I still move my chemicals into the basement for the bitter cold and roasting hot days.

Here's my "detailing shop"  :P

post-11910-0-06298800-1431619850_thumb.jpg

I upgraded from the regular single light bulb ceiling light to 3 higher power shop light on the ceiling.  (thinking to add a couple more later)

post-11910-0-62365900-1431619914_thumb.jpg

Wall mount ShopVac, and my power washer.

post-11910-0-45063400-1431619988_thumb.jpg

Recently added the cord reel.  Love it!  I hate manually reeling the cords/hoses/extension cord.  

post-11910-0-02955500-1431620039_thumb.jpg

Varies tools & brushes. 

post-11910-0-75330100-1431620174_thumb.jpg

My Adam's collection

post-11910-0-93935500-1431620271_thumb.jpg

post-11910-0-62909300-1431620295_thumb.jpg