Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick detail under the sun

Z06Seal

Question

Just curious how Quick detail will work under the heat of the sun? I ask because I had rain last night and the newly washed car got wet. I just went out to look and you can hardly tell. I would still like to run it over with QUick detail. My question is can this product be used under the heat of the very hot sun?

I figured you probably can because this is something people bring to car shows to wipe down the car after a drive to the show or to shine it up on the spot. That being said, most of the time, cars are probably under the sun and very hot to begin with...

The only product I know that can handle under the sun heat is buttery wax.

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

Hey Emir, wiping down a hot surface isn't ideal, but Detail Spray will work fine for it.  If you are encapsulating and removing dirt I recommend using a plush towel, and if too dirty, just do a rinseless wash on it.

Thanks Jason, 

I don't see anything on it. seems very clean. figured just a quick wipe down after a rain at night.I'll use a double soft for it.

a little tip I didn't see mentioned - if its extremely hot spray the product directly onto the TOWEL not onto the car, then wipe. The biggest issue with sun/heat is that the product often starts to dry/evaporate before you can spread it. By spraying onto the towel instead of onto the paint you make the process much easier in extreme temps.

This goes for pretty much any product being used on a hot surface.