Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Tires SVRT or wait a while

2Fords

Question

So I have a new truck and just put on new Bridgstone Revo2's on it. Should I put SVRT on right away or let them just stay new for a while. Already cleaned them with all purpose cleaner so they are ready to go either way. They do look pretty good with nothing on them being that they are brand new.

7 answers to this question

Something I discovered while testing a product for tires. The tires on my brand new Chevy Malibu had a brown appearance to them, no matter how hard, or often I scrubbed with APC, other than right after I applied SVRT to them. My assumption is, that the brown was the mold release agent still on the tire from manufacture, and not any UV protectant working it's way to the surface. It hasn't returned since.

I sprayed an aerosol Bug and Tar Remover from Stoner's directly onto the dry tire and scrubbed with Adam's Deep Scrub Tire Brush then rinsed with clear water. I was amazed at all the brown residue that came off the tires and the black that remained. The SVRT seems to hold up, and look better, now that the tire surface has been completely decontaminated.

Oh, and they're going to look better with SVRT applied!