Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sticky Clay Bar

Mooser

Question

Arrrrgggg

Went to start to clay the wifes DD (for the first time) as I start to get it ready for a mild correction. I've got two of the "old" Adams clay bars (the grey ones) that have never been used (was using up my other brands) and went to use these ones stored in the cool basement for the last year

Opened a new jar and cut open the bag and...

Sticks to my fingers, then sticking to the trigger on the detail spray bottle, now the handle on the bucket. Probably some in my pocket likely in my hair (what's left of it anyway), I'm afraid to go have a wiz

Not sticking to the car (lots of detail spray needed though)

Sprayed my fingers with detail spray, still sticking

Folded it over a bunch of times, still incredibly sticky.

Stuffed it into a ziploc bag and got cleaned up for supper

Came out after supper, stuck in the bag like it's bonded on the molecular level!!!! had to tear it apart and leave a skin on the inside of the bag!

It's working fine at removing containation from the paint but I can't believe how it's sticking to me. I know one of the sales pitches for the new stuff is it's less sticky but man I didn't realize it's this bad.

Anyone have any suggestions before I check the second one tomorrow and just toss both of them and look at the new blue ones next order (back to the big "M" bar until then I guess)

M

From what I have read on here the gray is the stuff to have. I may be wrong but it doesn't bother me that it's gray. Is there a reason I would want one over the other?

Edit: I apparently missed some of the beginning of this thread. I have not used my gray bar yet and it may not be he one to have if it is overly sticky and hard to use but if it works the best at removing contaminants I will deal with sticky.

Edited by NG13

Thanks for the Update Dan, I am going to be in need of a new one for spring so if there is a new one coming out I would love to try it. Not that I didnt like the blue but it doesnt seem to pull stuff as easily as I have seen other clay work.

I agree the blue just doesn't seem to work as well. I had mine from mystery boxes but I made sure to ziploc and detail spray to keep from drying out. Thought mine had gone bad but it did seem to get better after kneeding. Still doesn't seem as good as the gray one before. Doesn't seem sticky at all.

Is it that the blue clay just does not seem as sticky or is it actually not cleaning as well? My old grey clay did not seem sticky at all, I had to need it well just to get it spread out to use but my new truck was very, very ruff and it cleaned it really well. Like I said, I have a new blue clay but I don't want to open it until I need it.

Edited by BluedogGMC

My blue clay is sticky as all get out. Requires lots of lubrication. I've slid my hand off of it while it stuck to the car... I can tell a difference after claying with the blue bar. If it wasn't effective or didn't get the job done, I would have thought that the Adam's gang would have said something by now. 

My blue bar while not sticky (thankfully) just does not seem to remove it all in a pass or two, seems to take multiple passes from multiple directions to remove visible contaminates. I use mine with detail spray and it seems to slide well over the paint but it does seem a tad hard and not wanting to always pick stuff up without a little encouragement. 

My blue clay is sticky as all get out. Requires lots of lubrication. I've slid my hand off of it while it stuck to the car... I can tell a difference after claying with the blue bar. If it wasn't effective or didn't get the job done, I would have thought that the Adam's gang would have said something by now.

Just read something the other day about Adam coming out with a new one got this reason.

I just used the blue clay for the second time since I ordered it a few months ago. Hard as a rock and I could not mash it or anything. Truck I was washing I was having to remove some stain from a fence overspray. I was able to get some of it off with the clay, but it took me forever. Lucky enough I live a block away from a store and bought me a different clay bar. Thank goodness as I think I would still be finishing up the truck.

I too just used the blue on a brand new vehicle. Not a ton of stuff to remove but I didn't like the way it was working. In fact I felt it wasn't absorbing any grit but rather pushing it around. It seemed far to stiff to me. Maybe it was the colder temperatures?

Edited by Erictski