Customer Service 866.965.0400

Master Blaster and drying aid

2quikta

Question

4 answers to this question

^Since sometimes the Master Blaster (or leaf blower or any blower) can blow out dirty water from the cracks and crevices which would get on the paint, I prefer to mist the vehicle with drying aid before blow drying, just to have some polymer on the surface that would encapsulate any residual dirty water for scratch free wiping afterwards.

I basically use blowdrying as a way to get 90% of the water off without soaking a huge drying towel.  I usually take a 16x24 waffle weave afterwards and just go over the panels real quick with a quick mist of additional drying agent and wipe down so that its completely streak free.

I could blowdry to complete 100% drying with no towel whatsoever needed but it takes more time.  I don't blowdry in the garage because there is way too much chance of dirt or dust getting kicked up, and unless its early in the morning or late in evening without sun on the driveway I have a limited amount of time to blowdry the car before the water dries and leaves spots.

I use the MB to 100% dry the car with no detail spray and it takes me about 10-15 min for the coupe and roughly 15-20 min for my wife's SUV.  My philosophy is the least amount of towels that touch my car, the better.

The only time I would get spotting in the past was when I would wash my car on a hot/sunny day and leave it out for extended periods of time in the driveway.  Now, I do pool rinsing and drive it immediately into the garage after the wash for the drying (I regularly clean my garage so I don't have dirt/dust kicking up like the above poster).   I have zero issues with water spotting.