Customer Service 866.965.0400

Benefits of waterless over rinseless

BluePoncho

Question

So I am running out of my gallon of waterless wash and I'm really digging using a bucket of rinseless to dry my vehicle off so my question is this. What are the benefits or downside of diluting the rinseless to use as my waterless spray. I love the waterless wash but don't really care to buy two different gallons of product. I'm sure this has been discussed before but really couldn't find the expert answer. Thanks

12 answers to this question

Mostly it is cost effectiveness. Obviously rinsless diluted is going to be cheaper in the long run.

On the other side of things WW has no wax, whereas RW contains some wax in it. So that may factor into what you chose as well.

Personally I really like WW to remove spent polish from a panel when I am polishing being that it contains nothing extra.

EDIT: WW is also great for bug removal.

Edited by TheBurninator

I like this discussion.  In for all the info anyone can provide.  I use diluted rinseless to get bird crap off my truck every night when I get home from work.  Soak, let sit for 2 minutes and it literally falls right off.

I like this discussion.  In for all the info anyone can provide.  I use diluted rinseless to get bird crap off my truck every night when I get home from work.  Soak, let sit for 2 minutes and it literally falls right off.

Give waterless wash a try instead of rinseless next time. It is more of a solvent based product and will losen the bug guts even easier.

will waterless work well to temove tar and road grine as well? and do you wash the car first before attacking tar and bugs?

It probably won't put much of a dent in tar. If it's light it might.

For bugs you would presoak before washing. I'll see if I can find the video on this when I'm not on mobile.

I ran out of waterless and have been trying diluted rinseless. IMO diluted rinseless is not as effective in removing bug guts (as others have said) and I also like the smell of the waterless much more than the rinseless. That rinseless smell sticks to my hands for more than a day, which if I liked the smell wouldn't be a bad thing but the rinseless smell is my least favorite.

I like the rinseless product performance for being able to wash a car in the garage and also conform with the water restrictions when they are in effect.

I like the waterless for pre-treating bug guts and also for quick touch ups on the garage kept car. (And also like the smell too)

whats your dillution ratio?  try a little stronger mix.

applying a layer of quick sealant to the areas prone to getting hammered with bugs does make the removal process easier

X2. Again sound like you need a layer of Qick Sealant on the front of your vehicle.