Customer Service 866.965.0400

What ever happened to the masking tape

What ever happened to the glorious orange masking tape? I've been having to go to home depot for masking tape and it is nowhere near as good as the orange thin stuff that Adam's used to carry.

Is it coming back? If not, who was the mfg on it?

I cannot answer the specific questions, but this tape looks just like the tape Adam's carried - http://customfinelinetape.com/masking-tape/masking-tape-573.html.  You also may want to reach out to the Adam's Dealers for it.

I found a very similar tape - It is 3M #06529.  Theirs is green and from their body shop line, and it works around corners & reapplies just like the Adam's tape.  I have seen in at the auto parts store too.

I prefer these types of tape for polishing.

There is a Rustoleum Orange painters tape from Walmart which is also pretty damn good and strikingly similar in color to what Adams used to sell

Its not coming back that I know of, maybe a PM to Dylan and he can get you a link

I cannot answer the specific questions, but this tape looks just like the tape Adam's carried - http://customfinelinetape.com/masking-tape/masking-tape-573.html.  You also may want to reach out to the Adam's Dealers for it.

I found a very similar tape - It is 3M #06529.  Theirs is green and from their body shop line, and it works around corners & reapplies just like the Adam's tape.  I have seen in at the auto parts store too.

I prefer these types of tape for polishing.

That looks like the same tape. Thanks for the link.

The green 3M tape is ok, but the orange tape Adam's used to carry seemed to be a bit thinner.

There is a Rustoleum Orange painters tape from Walmart which is also pretty damn good and strikingly similar in color to what Adams used to sell

Its not coming back that I know of, maybe a PM to Dylan and he can get you a link

I figured it was something that wasn't continued being carried, but I was curious to where to find it as it is some pretty damn good tape. Figured I would post for some visibility as well.

The green 3M tape is ok, but the orange tape Adam's used to carry seemed to be a bit thinner.

The 3M #06529 is a different tape than the green painters tape.  it is a paper type type like the Adams' tape and a lighter green.

03576098_0.jpg

Customers voted with their wallets. It just didn't sell very well so we killed it off.

Makes sense. Kinda surprised since it was reasonably priced compared to other quality masking tape.

The 3M #06529 is a different tape than the green painters tape.  it is a paper type type like the Adams' tape and a lighter green.

03576098_0.jpg

My bad. I should have done some googling and actually looked up the part number. Thought it was the lime green colored 3M tape.

I'll grab a roll of that and give it a shot.

I'll grab a roll of that and give it a shot.

I just picked a roll of each of 3m green tapes at Pepboy's today - $4.99 each, but the light green was about 1/2 the total length.  But since the light green is 'reusable' (can be reapplied to a different part of the car) maybe it is not twice the price?

I am pretty sure I have a few rolls left. Dylan is right, poor seller. I wind up giving rolls away with larger purchases.

Email if you want me to double check for you, or I'll see them when I set for a show this weekend.

Bruce