Customer Service 866.965.0400

How many dilution bottles?

marquez93

Question

I probably have about half of all the Adam's products, but I want to start expanding my collection. I don't have anything diluted yet, but want to start doing that. How many bottles would you recommend keeping in mind that I am just cleaning my 2 cars and maybe eventually some family member cars.

I was thinking:

APC 1:1

DWC 1:1

Rinseless 6:1 or 8:1 for pre-soak

Rinseless 16:1 for waterless wash

Rinseless 64:1 for clay lube

Is there anything else that anybody uses on a regular basis for casual detailing? Thanks.

13 answers to this question

I would just keep a rinseless wash pre-soak mixture and double its use as a waterless/quick detail product (16:1), its cheap enough for me to use that dilution for most, if not all things.

I've used it for clay lube and it works great as well.  Even though you could mix up your own "dedicated" clay dilution.

1:1 APC

1:1 DWC

16:1 rinseless

Maybe like Michael said, a lighter 5:1 APC dilution for cleaning interiors, as it does quite well at that.

I would just keep a rinseless wash pre-soak mixture and double its use as a waterless/quick detail product (16:1), its cheap enough for me to use that dilution for most, if not all things.

I've used it for clay lube and it works great as well.  Even though you could mix up your own "dedicated" clay dilution.

1:1 APC

1:1 DWC

16:1 rinseless

Maybe like Michael said, a lighter 5:1 APC dilution for cleaning interiors, as it does quite well at that.

How does the diluted APC compare to the leather and interior cleaner (I was thinking about buying some of this)?  My car has black interior and my wife's is very dark blue, so the interiors never get too dirty looking.  I figured I would be cleaning the leather more than the carpet in hers, and the only leather in mine is the steering wheel.

As for the rinseless pre-soak, I saw one old thread where 16:1 is recommended for pre-soak, but the pinned thread about dilution ratios says 6:1.  Does 16:1 work fine for pre-soak and then I could also use it as waterless wash?

How does the diluted APC compare to the leather and interior cleaner (I was thinking about buying some of this)?  My car has black interior and my wife's is very dark blue, so the interiors never get too dirty looking.  I figured I would be cleaning the leather more than the carpet in hers, and the only leather in mine is the steering wheel. I've never tried L&IC, but diluted APC works well for cleaning interiors.  Do your own testing.

As for the rinseless pre-soak, I saw one old thread where 16:1 is recommended for pre-soak, but the pinned thread about dilution ratios says 6:1.  Does 16:1 work fine for pre-soak and then I could also use it as waterless wash?  Stronger dilution means more chemical to break up heavy grime, again, do your own testing.  Some people just do the normal rinseless dilution in a huge pump up sprayer and it works well also.  Rinseless by the gallon is cheap enough that if i was using it as a separate pre-soak I'd probably do 8:1, and just use the same dilution for waterless washing/quick detailing.

See above, I used 16:1 for pre-soak and waterless washing when Rinseless first came out.  Works well for both!  But you could make it stronger if you are pre-soaking heavier grime for sure if you wanted.  Do your testing and see what works best! 

Thanks for the help.  I think I'm going to take everyone's word on how great Rinseless is and start out with a gallon.  So I might get 2 bottles so I can try 2 different dilutions.  And then I'll probably get a gallon of APC and 2 bottles for that, and then 1 bottle for DWC.

I also keep a 1:1 of APC, SVRT, LIC, and DWC for more specialized uses.

So do you have a preference of APC vs. LIC for cleaning interiors? We also just bought a very light tan chair for my wife to sit and read and I imagine that will need more cleaning than our cars with how light it is. I thought maybe LIC would be better because it's clear.

Like Jason says about a dilluted APC to your liking usually somewhere between 5:1 or 6:1 works well for intereior cleaning.

For dressing anything other than leather on the interior i highly recommend using a 16oz bottle of Detail spray with about a half to 3/4 of an oz of rinseless.  Works amazing.