Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hot water carpet extraction or steamer

Prestigetouchdetailing

Question

It really depends. I used a carpet extractor before and I found it to be very useful for carpet stains and upholstery. I also own a steamer and use it all the time and found it to be extremely helpful in cleaning interiors and tiny nooks and crannies where dust accumulate and build up. It is also very useful in removing stains and engine bay detailing (great degreaser). It depends on you and what you would like to do but if I personally have to choose one machine it will be the steamer.

Get a nice McCulloch Deluxe for $200 off amazon. MC1385

It will make your wife happy for cleaning in the house and is awesome for cleaning the interior as well! Best bang for buck steamer IMO

Thats what it was! Definitely will be another investment and weapon to my arsenal for detailing. This stuff gets expensive! hahah  

It really depends. I used a carpet extractor before and I found it to be very useful for carpet stains and upholstery. I also own a steamer and use it all the time and found it to be extremely helpful in cleaning interiors and tiny nooks and crannies where dust accumulate and build up. It is also very useful in removing stains and engine bay detailing (great degreaser). It depends on you and what you would like to do but if I personally have to choose one machine it will be the steamer.

Now that you say your steamer is good for cleaning nooks and crannies, would you use that to clean stains that are on plastic in the interior? Also how do you clean dirty cup holders or even those door pockets? When I get a chance ill post pics on here, but you may know what I am talking about. 

Now that you say your steamer is good for cleaning nooks and crannies, would you use that to clean stains that are on plastic in the interior? Also how do you clean dirty cup holders or even those door pockets? When I get a chance ill post pics on here, but you may know what I am talking about.

I have to agree, I have both an extractor and a steamer but the steamer I tend to use more. I also have an mc1385, using the turbo tip a decent amount of pressure comes out of the tip with the steam. Last weekend I used it to melt and blow out a piece of wax that had melted down in a rear door pocket. With the bigger attachments on it and a towel wrapped around the end you can clean leather and cloth seats pretty easily.

Sometimes the cup holder have removable rubber mats so I take them out and wash them separate then I use the steamer for the actual cup holder. For plastic stains I prefer good ol leather and interior cleaner with a towel or an interior brush, a steamer, if not used properly and if left directed at one spot for more than few seconds can ruin your interior. I do use the steamer on door pockets and any place where it's not very accessible by hand/towel. Hope this helps

Sometimes the cup holder have removable rubber mats so I take them out and wash them separate then I use the steamer for the actual cup holder. For plastic stains I prefer good ol leather and interior cleaner with a towel or an interior brush, a steamer, if not used properly and if left directed at one spot for more than few seconds can ruin your interior. I do use the steamer on door pockets and any place where it's not very accessible by hand/towel. Hope this helps

Thanks for that man! Yeah I know some cup holders have that rubber mat in it, but I was thinking more about the ones that don't. I've actually watched some videos on steam cleaning and how it can cause damage but also all the great stuff it can do and then they show these super awesome cleaners and knowing me I always want the best BUT it doesn't make sense because I don't want to get into anything where I would need such a heavy duty commercial steamer. Anyways Ricky bobby mentioned the MC1385 and I'm mostly likely to purchase it due to price and the good reviews, does anyone else have any more reviews on that machine? Maybe what you have done with it car interior wise. Tell me what you guys are using now as well I would love to hear!

Thanks for that man! Yeah I know some cup holders have that rubber mat in it, but I was thinking more about the ones that don't. I've actually watched some videos on steam cleaning and how it can cause damage but also all the great stuff it can do and then they show these super awesome cleaners and knowing me I always want the best BUT it doesn't make sense because I don't want to get into anything where I would need such a heavy duty commercial steamer. Anyways Ricky bobby mentioned the MC1385 and I'm mostly likely to purchase it due to price and the good reviews, does anyone else have any more reviews on that machine? Maybe what you have done with it car interior wise. Tell me what you guys are using now as well I would love to hear!

I have the MC1385 and use it every time I clean an interior. The #1 request when I detail a car is to clean the inside.  I love this steamer. I use it to remove stains on the seats, headliners, and carpets. It cleans all the cracks and crevices where dirt likes to hide. It is my most used piece of detailing equipment that I own. I have had mine for about a year and have had no problems with it. It does come with several attachments. Here is a picture of an interior that I cleaned using the MC1385 as well as Adams Leather and Interior Cleaner and Adams Leather Conditioner.

post-7699-0-55952600-1440046890_thumb.jpg

I have the MC1385 and use it every time I clean an interior. The #1 request when I detail a car is to clean the inside.  I love this steamer. I use it to remove stains on the seats, headliners, and carpets. It cleans all the cracks and crevices where dirt likes to hide. It is my most used piece of detailing equipment that I own. I have had mine for about a year and have had no problems with it. It does come with several attachments. Here is a picture of an interior that I cleaned using the MC1385 as well as Adams Leather and Interior Cleaner and Adams Leather Conditioner.

attachicon.gif015.JPG

Wow man the interior looks wonderful now I think I'm convinced haha. Nice cars in your signature

^That pic and testimonial should be all the reasoning you need, for the price its the best unit by far, and agreed, on interior uses it makes a HUGE difference.

Your wife will want to steam the bathroom, floors, etc and will start stealing it from you too, you definitely will get your ROI on the machine FAST.

^That pic and testimonial should be all the reasoning you need, for the price its the best unit by far, and agreed, on interior uses it makes a HUGE difference.

Your wife will want to steam the bathroom, floors, etc and will start stealing it from you too, you definitely will get your ROI on the machine FAST.

It definitely does, I will put that on my list of things to purchase very soon! But first I must buy a few more Adams products to complete a whole detailing process.

How does steam work around the console?

It works fine, you'll get a feel for how close you need to put the head of the steamer next to things once you start using it.

I wouldn't blast a direct stream near sensitive electronics but you can hold a towel in front of the head and scrub, etc.

did you buy the kit that amazon has or just the basic one?

The MC1375 and the MC1385 Deluxe have the same steam power (1500W heating element, 31 g/min flow rate, 4 Bar pressure).

The difference in the two is the size of the water holding tank (48oz vs. 64oz) which gives the MC1385 a longer steam time between refills (90 min vs. 120 min).

The MC1385 is also a vertical canister with a luggage-style handle, and comes with a couple more accessories.

In comparing the two, I went with the MC1385 because of the vertical canister set-up, which reduces the footprint and the long handle makes it easier to move around without having to drag it by the hose.

1375.JPG

1385.JPG