Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sort of a silly question..well kind of

JohnnyDev

Question

I purchased Adam's car wash and the directions states 1 to 2 ounces of product per 5 gallons of water. How many "pumps" of the dispenser do you guys do to get your desired amount of product into your bucket? Again sounds silly, but I hate waste if I can help it lol

I also noticed in the directions that it says to apply the shampoo into your wash media. What purpose does this serve? Again, just curious!

6 answers to this question

4-5 pumps. 1 pump on the red 16oz pumps is just under a quarter oz. I almost always round up a touch b/c an extra bit of product is going to produce more foam and better lubricity. Its really hard to do accurate measurements using a measuring cup with the soap b/c so much of it coats the vessel you used for measuring - which is why the pumps are so handy!

After washing so many cars, I don't measure anymore. I have one of the older non-pump lids so I can't help you with the pumps. And I agree with Matt about why it's better to out it directly in the wax media. Also, I keep the nozzle submerged in the water when filling the bucket. I get what I consider to be the proper amount of suds in the bucket.

IIRC one pump is .21oz?? So yes, 5 pumps is as close to 1oz without using a measuring cup. I use a foam cannon that is graduated in 100CC increments up to 1000. I fill with hot water to 900 then add soap to the 1000 line (about 3.5oz). Whatever is left in the bottle goes into the wash bucket and usually gives plenty of suds. I know this info might not be what you need, but what I am trying to say is find the amount of soap that best suits you and your wash style. Some ppl like a LOT of suds and a little water (me) while others prefer a lot of water with minimal suds. Don't be afraid to experiment with different amounts. After I wash my truck I usually have barely enough water in the wash bucket to cover the grit guard by 1" with a lot of suds left over.

Edited by chops1sc