Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Car

egott_91

Well, after 3 years of saying I wanted to get into a newer vehicle, I finally decided to pull the trigger.  On Saturday I picked up a 2014 Buick Regal GS AWD in the White Diamond Tri-coat with 4,400 miles.  It was a program vehicle for the dealer I bought it from, so it is basically considered a "new" car.  It has all of the options you could get for 2014 and so far the only complaint I have is with how little storage room there is in the center console.  If that is the biggest problem I have with the car, I think things are going to be just fine.  Haha.  I believe there is someone else on the forum that has the same car...

Anyway, I know we here at Adam's Forums want to see pictures of cars, so here it is with my '98 Camaro SS (do not mind how dirty they are.  The dealer put stupid tire gel/shine on the tires after I told them not to detail it and the SS has a few bugs on the front).  The GS will be getting a proper detail soon! 

C77359A8-9CC7-4A99-A8B8-AF4DE04CD044_zps

9D0D4600-3A4E-4FF8-98F1-8ACF890A529A_zps

1e0ed51f-61a6-4bb9-aa8a-e0e7f19d2700_zps

FF094730-F01E-47F9-AD64-4CC3582DB3BC_zps

77F2D681-C6EE-4FE8-8C6E-29B570AA0B68_zps

213F08E6-16C8-4213-8B94-393B7577432D_zps

472354DC-BF91-4E54-BE7B-FCF352FD2278_zps

2D587785-300E-4974-854D-B3FD262DB00F_zps

DC6F151D-B525-45E6-80DF-150E5C93567B_zps

Looking good! Congrats!

Might I suggest some wheel spacers and an automatic antenna for the SS? I had a 99 Z28. Loved it.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I have thought about spacers for the rear, but never got around to it.  As far as the antenna, it does not bother me until I see it in pictures.  Haha.

That is a nice car!! Congrats!

Thanks!

Congrats, Erik. Really loving those Buick rims.

Thanks!  The polished 20's make the car.  It is amazing how much wheel choice can influence the look of a vehicle.

Edited by egott_91

Congrats !! I really like that model. Love the wheels. Enjoy.

Love the rims on that Buick!!

The wheels are definitely the selling point on this car.  With the painted 19's the car just does not look nearly as good.

The wheels are definitely the selling point on this car.  With the painted 19's the car just does not look nearly as good.

No doubt, those rims take it to a whole new level! Badass Buick! What engine does it have?

ugh those wheels... <3 

Great color too.  Could you give some feedback on how it drives, handles etc.?  I was thinking about buying one as well in the past... and still do lol

The car rides awesome.  It is quiet and smooth when it is in the default "touring" mode.  The steering is extremely responsive.  The 20" wheel option comes with Pirelli PZero tires, so the traction is good as well.  It also has the "sport" and "GS" mode, which tightens up the steering more, adjusts the accelerator so it is more responsive and stiffens up the suspension.  The seats are sporty and have just enough side bolster to hold you in place.  If you are a bigger person, the seats might feel a bit small, but they fit me almost perfect.  I do wish they had a side bolster adjustment.  I have only had it a few days and have not tested it's full potential in GS mode. 

• 2 weeks later...

They really wake up after being tuned :cool:

Also check the intake silencer/oil separator in the intake tube before the turbo in a couple months depending on how you drive you might want a catch can.

My silencer was constantly getting coked up with oil before using a catch can setup..

Edited by CadillaChick

They really wake up after being tuned :cool:

Also check the intake silencer/oil separator in the intake tube before the turbo in a couple months depending on how you drive you might want a catch can.

My silencer was constantly getting coked up with oil before using a catch can setup..

I might have it tuned after it's out of warranty. I have the extended warranty on it, so it would be after that has expired before its tuned. That is if I keep it after the warranty is up.

As far as the catch can, I will take note of that. I do not plan on driving too aggressively with it, as I still have the SS for my toy to drive aggressively in. I bought this car to be a nice daily driver, as I will be driving 50+ miles per day, that still has some get up and go.