Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using same Rinseless multiple days/How many cars on one bucket?

rcibotti5986

Question

A weird question I thought of today.  I want to buy Rinseless soon.  Mostly because my car stays outside and the San Francisco fog rolls in nightly to cover it.  By morning it will usually have some small water spots and by a few days it will need a wash of some sort to shine and get rid of the dust that sticks.

So I want to uses Rinseless for that time in between a full two bucket wash.  However, lets say I wanted to use it daily/every other day.  Without having to redo the rinseless buckets daily...

How many days could/should the Rinseless bucket be used to wash a car?  Or is that even ok?

And further...if I just wanted to do both cars...ok to do on one Rinseless bucket?  Or dump after the first bucket and do another fresh bucket for the second car?

Thanks

Rich

10 answers to this question

It sounds like your best bet would be to use the 'bucket of towels' method (AKA the Garry Dean method).  Mix your Rinseless solution at the wash ratio, fold several MF towels into quarters, and place them in the bucket.  When washing use a clean quarter of the towel on each panel.  Flip and fold the towel until all quarters are used.  The Rinseless solution should be ok to use for several weeks.

If I am washing both my cars with a regular Rinseless wash, I will use a single wash bucket, but I will change the rinse bucket between cars.

I recall reading through the forums where a Rinseless bucket will last upwards of 1 month (at least) before degrading.  I would do three things to ensure your Rinseless can be stored over a period of time and so it stays clean so you can use it for multiple vehicles.

1.) Get a bucket with a good lid so you can store your solution without having debris enter the solution.

2.) Fill your bucket with distilled water to create your wash solution.  If you're going to let it sit, microbes from tap water will become a problem.  Start clean - stay clean. 

3.) Use multiple clean towels and never dip back into the bucket.  Once you saturate a towel with Rinseless solution, it never goes back into the bucket (unless it's gone through your washing machine, of course).  If you have enough towels, you can leave them in the bucket so they're always ready to go.

Rinseless is a great product.  I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions.

Thanks for the input. I have the Adams buckets so sealing it to keep clean wouldn't be a problem.

I figured a bucket of rinse less could last awhile or over multiple cars. I would definitely change the rinse water...and probably need to buy more towels haha.

Good idea with the distilled water I wouldn't have really thought of that.

Rich, all good points and things I would have told you in this thread.

HOWEVER, I do not recommend storing for weeks/months, even if the bucket is sealed and you're using distilled. the solution will keep for a week or two at best before it starts to smell "musty", even when mixed with distilled.  Dylan said its something to do with the walls of the bucket which is why it will go bad even if stored with no towels in it and sealed.  The product will physically work but it will not be pleasant smell.

This is what I would do.  Go to Walmart or the local store and get a few gallons of distilled (my Shop Rite has 10 for $10 for example), put 1/2 oz of Rinseless in each gallon, and keep them capped and in your basement.  The solution stores perfectly great in the gallon containers of water.

You should be able to get about a week in the sealed bucket before needing to dump it.  Use the Garry Dean method using multiple towels and not introducing a dirty towel to a clean bucket of solution, it will be most efficient for you.  I'm pretty much spot on in using 1 gallon to wash 2 cars.  So if you're washing every day or every other day, you should be able to go through about 2 gallons per week max.  When the solution gets low in your bucket, just add another gallon once a week.  By the time it would go bad, you'd have used it anyway.

This is more efficient than filling the bucket up with 4 gallons of water and storing it and hoping that it doesnt go bad before you use it.

Just my opinion and the process I'd use, your methods may vary.

I have only done a rinseless wash twice now, but here is my experience.  I mixed up 2 gallons with tap water and did my car one night and my wife's car 2 days later.  Then I let it sit for I think 4 or 5 days.  By this point, there wasn't much solution above the grit guard.  So I opened it up to see if there was any dirt so I could just remove it and do a few more washes.  It did seem to have a bit of a musty smell and I wanted to use the bucket for regular soap and water anyway, so I dumped it out.

Since I don't put the dirty towels back in, I'll probably do it without the grit guard from now on and just do a gallon at a time.

I also found that using 4 towels in quarters made it a little tough to get the whole car done before I ran out of clean towel to use.  Since there is always pretty much just one line of dirt on the towel, I started folding into quarters and then folding/rolling it again so I have 16 sides per towel.  Does anyone else fold into more than quarters?

Edited by marquez93

I keep my Rinseless with towels soaking in my sealed Adams bucket permanently.

I just add a fresh gallon of DW once every two weeks.

So at any one time I've got between 1.5-2.5 gallons (with 1-4 towels) in the bucket.

This way I grab and go.

So far, the smell has been totally fine for me. And I'm pretty sensitive to smell.

And very pleased with the clean and shine I get.

Also, I ALWAYS do a pre-soak of every panel. Some get more soaking than others. And I used actually Waterless Wash for the bugs and visible dirt for pre-soak.