Customer Service 866.965.0400

What product works the best on black cars?

2012stang5.0

Question

I recently picked up a 2012 mustang gt convertible. Its black with flat black shelby stripes. My question os do black cars get a better shine with waxes or kits made for them, and what would be the best product to use?

Edited by 2012stang5.0

10 answers to this question

Really depends on the cars exposure to the elements etc...  I think Brilliant Glaze over the top of Liquid Paint Sealant is amazing on dark colors.  Top it off with Buttery, Americana or Patriot after that if you prefer.

Welcome! There is not a product out there that can tell what color your paint is. Your results will depend on the condition of your paint/vinyl. The quicker you get it protected the better off you will be in the long run. Follow the advice of the people who have already posted and you will get great results!

Welcome Jeff,

Follow the advice given above by Chris05GTO and you should be more than satisfied with the results.

If you want further proof, check out a post I made regarding a black Corvette for photos and evidence.

NOTHING beats a clean, detailed black vehicle!

And if the stripes are matte vinyl, use Quick Sealant on them before you apply anything to the paint.

QS probably works well on gloss stripes, but I prefer SVRT on matte stripes.  Instructions and product recommendations for both stripe types are located here.

Other recommendations for LPS, BG, and Americana/Patriot are spot-on.  For best results, those treatments should be applied to properly prepared surfaces (i.e., strip wash, clay, and polish/correct first).

Edited by Norton

Thanks everyone for your help. I brought the car used and the vinyl stripes are a matte finish or flat black depends who you ask I guess. It's not my daily driver. I will end up using a clay bar and put a sealant on it. Both of witch I've never done before. Out side of going slow and taking my time (something I always do)  any other pointers would be appreciated with the clay bars and sealant.

Thanks again