Customer Service 866.965.0400

HGG - not for me

PT3

Question

I gave it a try today for the first time.

The problem seemed to be two-fold:

1. The sprayer didn't provide a 'fine mist'. So I was getting large drops.

2. The car drys too quickly...

So I end up spraying more than a 'fine mist' (as the instructions state) and then if it gets on a dry surface, it makes it a REAL PITA to get off the smudges of product remnants.

I DO like the process and the concept...and the gloss is quite nice.

But, it ended up taking more time than it was worth.

Did I do something incorrectly?

Sounds about right. You had a lot of ground to cover.the color of the truck may have made it difficult to see the haze because it is very light. Having done a wet and dry applications, this product is much easier to apply wet vs dry and seems to be more consistent when applied wet.

When I did my dry application, I had no issue keeping my wet towel wet. I was using a single soft so that might have had something to do with it. I like the border less grays for this product, but they are just missing that extra "something" that the single/doubles seem to have. Regardless, sounds like you did it correctly and used an appropriate amount of product.

I've done my wife's Highlander twice, and my Camry 3 times, once including wheels, and still have enough in the bottle to probably do the Camry one more time. The first time I used the product I applied it on the heavy side, like most first time users of Adams products.

About a week ago I did a 2 bucket strip wash with adams shampoo and APC.

Clayed the truck and then applied LPS

Drove her around for a bit with it as I didnt have the time that day to apply the H20 GG.

So this weekend I took some more time and finished up the exterior

Did a waterless wash over the whole truck to clean up the little bit of stuff on her, always surprised how much dirt and grime there is even after a week.

Applied the LPW to the rims and did the tires with another coat of TS.

Then on to attempting the H20 GG for my first time.

I used the dry method as I had done the waterless previously. I used the grey borderless towels to put it on. Folded into 4ths and sprayed usually 4 sprays per large panel as Dylan did in the vid. I was wondering a few things for those that have done this method.

1. I found that the towels seemed to dry out after 2 panels (usually 2 doors or an entire bed side)

2. I applied it in the cross hatch type pattern as had been mentioned but I never really saw the product haze up, I saw it apply on glass but on the paint it seemed to just disappear and leave no reside.

3. I used a brand new bottle, well shaken, and I used from brand new to about 1/8 inch below the top edge of the label, did I over use product? did I not use enough?

Thanks in advance for the help and sugestions.

Oh and of course, a pic.

The TUBE STEPS! Do the dang tube steps HAHA!

1. You could try having a bucket of clean water to "rinse" and re-wet your towels after a few panels. ( I have only used the wet application and have trouble with towels getting to wet)

2. Possibly your towels weren't wet enough to start with? And by haze up you mean just see residue on the panel I assume. The product should be removed before it dries. I apply to a panel and remove before moving on. (I think for the dry application you would want your towel soaked but not quite dripping like rinsless almost)

3. That sounds about right for usage to me.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I said above, I have only done the wet method.

I appreciate it, i was reffering to the haze up being that i know when dylan did it in the vid you could really see the product on the vehicle, with mine i really couldnt see anything going on other than on the glass or on the dark trim so i had to assume that it was going on the pannels.

I noticed that in several posts it was listed as being something that could take longer times to activate and cure in colder temps so i had an assunption that i would see a bit of a haze when it was drying on the panel as i was waiting for things with the barely 50 degree temps i was working in.

I have only used the wet application method one time but thought it went on real easy. I was very careful on how much I put on the truck due to hearing it was easy to overuse it. Is 1 spray per door and bedside enough for a full size truck? It seemed to work well but I saw not haze but on white I figured it would be very hard to see anyways. Awesome product in my book wish it was not so cold so I could get the wifes car cleaned up well.

I typicall do two sprays per panel (like on a door, one on a fender) I go bottom to top and make two vertical lines. It's heavier at the paint lighter at the door glass and trim. Since I'm going front to back with my towel I find this gives me max coverage with the product.

I have only used the wet application method one time but thought it went on real easy. I was very careful on how much I put on the truck due to hearing it was easy to overuse it. Is 1 spray per door and bedside enough for a full size truck? It seemed to work well but I saw not haze but on white I figured it would be very hard to see anyways. Awesome product in my book wish it was not so cold so I could get the wifes car cleaned up well.

If you see the first post I made it was about 4 sprays per panel. 

She still has some great shine and maybe I am just assuming that I did it wrong maybe I actually got it right, we will see, ill try to remember to keep up on some pics and comments 

Well certainly liking the product. Took this pic yesterday at work, as of this pic it has been just about 1,000 miles (Yup in barely a week) 2 rainy days and a whole lot of highway and here she is. This is an UNWASHED and yes I am planning to give it a waterless wash after a spray down today. 

post-13016-0-68921200-1449927042_thumb.jpg

post-13016-0-12159700-1449927082_thumb.jpg

Looks like you applied it fine. The white color of your truck will make it difficult to see. It smears/hazes quite well on dark colors but when I apply it to my white diamond Regal, I don't really see the product at all. I will do 2-3 sprays or so for a window or door panel, spread it with the wet microfiber towel, and then wipe it clean about 20 seconds later with the dry microfiber towel.