Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Calm Before Joaquin!

MaverickC2

I find this hurricane funny because my neighbor accidentally crashed his car through my basement the other day resulting in a less than waterproof house.  What really are the odds that there would be a hurricane this week?  Hopefully its somewhat dying out if it makes it here.

I find this hurricane funny because my neighbor accidentally crashed his car through my basement the other day resulting in a less than waterproof house.  What really are the odds that there would be a hurricane this week?  Hopefully its somewhat dying out if it makes it here.

BAHAHA! Sorry but it's a little funny. Was he drunk?

I just have to laugh at it also.  Long story short, he is a terrible mechanic (despite all of his stories about cars he fixed back in his professional days).  His garage is just a short distance up the hill from the side of my house.  He decided to take the shifter cable off his transmission (on a hill) and bumped the car into neutral and off it went (no wheel chocks, claimed the parking brake was on).  I saw the whole thing from the lawnmower, quite a scene watching him run after it lol.

I just have to laugh at it also.  Long story short, he is a terrible mechanic (despite all of his stories about cars he fixed back in his professional days).  His garage is just a short distance up the hill from the side of my house.  He decided to take the shifter cable off his transmission (on a hill) and bumped the car into neutral and off it went (no wheel chocks, claimed the parking brake was on).  I saw the whole thing from the lawnmower, quite a scene watching him run after it lol.

that sucks man

Yeah, SC is right in the line of fire.  We've been monitoring Ocean City, Md all day because of the car show going on down there right now (imports) and those kids are brain dead.  Flooded streets and they're trying to do burnouts in the water.  Only thing they're doing is flooding out their cars. Caught two on fire already. It's going to be bad there for a few more days with flooding.  Everyone who is near water or in flood prone areas, stay safe!  Not worth your life to drive through rising water. 

Yep, turn around, don't drown! That's what all the local radio stations are saying. The real rain started about an hour ago. Although it rained last night causing us to cut our county fair trip short. I feel bad for those guys. I wonder if they get paid if they have to leave due to weather?

Edited by chops1sc

Never underestimate the power of mother nature.  We had 20 people die here a couple weeks ago due to flooding.  A 6 year old that was washed away with his family still hasn't been found.  It is all fun and games to drive your vehicle thru some deep water until it stalls out or worse, gets washed away.  Those of you in the path stay safe and take care of yourself, your family and those in need.

http://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/hurricane-joaquin-from-the-international-space-station

Edited by LFairbanks