Customer Service 866.965.0400

New guy from Placentia CA

Jengon

Hi guys, new to the forum and fairly new to the Adams products. I started using Adams products after a local detail clinic where Adam washed my car because it was a little dirty. That was a '13 V6 Camaro, but I recently traded for a '12 SS. Looking forward to learn and hopefully contribute as well.

post-13631-0-15076200-1447521535_thumb.jpeg

post-13631-0-75203700-1447521563_thumb.jpeg

Hi Jenner, thanks for signing up!

Your Camaro looks great - I've always liked that heritage grill option on the 5th gens, and if I had one, it would be like that.

Please feel free to post up, ask questions, and comment! We're a friendly bunch around here :)

Thanks guys! It's gonna take some work to get it 100% look what they did to the stripes.attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Oh no! Looks like they took a buffer to them and then said whoops! You could try some Revive Hand Polish on them to try to remove those buffer trails, but it will make the stripes more shiny, which may not be a good thing if you want them to look more of a matte or satin finish.

Could you have them replace the damaged areas of the stripes since it was their mistake?

Welcome Jenner.  I definitely wouldn't touch those stripes before showing it to the dealership and asking them to replace those stripes. You are liable to do more harm than good.  Their mistake (if you can prove it), they should fix it even just in good faith.  Shame.

But we're glad to have you here.  :welcomebanner:

Nice trade there. I have a 2015 V6 and a 2011 SS Convert. The 2011 has the same strips, which was damaged by the dealer. I got mine brand new in 2011 so they replaced them. 

Hope you can get yours replaced as well. To bad they don't take more time to do it right as this type of mistakes takes place by being in a hurry and not paying attention to details. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys! I got some VRT in my last mystery box and it fixed the stripes. I'll try to remember to get pictures tomorrow

That's great news! You may need to periodically reapply the SVRT to keep them looking perfect if you notice those marks start to return.