Customer Service 866.965.0400

Revive with a Machine

LT1xL82

Question

I have found using Revive with a blue hex pad does a really super job cleaning the gelcoat on my boat. (For example, it takes exhaust soot off white gelcoat with ease...and leaves a nice shinny finish!) :)

Being an official Old Geezer, I'm not so sure I want to do the entire 35' boat by hand to clean the gelcoat before Adam's Paint Sealant. (Little to no correction of scratches is needed...just cleaning and very light oxidation removal.)

So...

Is Adams Revive with Adams black pads on my Cyclo the hot ticket?

Or Adams Paint Finishing Polish with Adams white foam pads?

Or maybe the Paint Finishing Polish with Adams black or red foam pads for less aggressiveness?

Any information comparing these polishes and pads will be greatly appreciated.!

7 answers to this question

Yep, the black or grey (which ever you prefer to call them) work very well with the Revive Hand Polish. The Revive is a nice paint cleaner. I've used it with the Flex to clean an aluminum trailer that was painted white.

Red and black pads have the same cut; none. They're color coordinated to go with certain products to avoid cross contamination, that's all.

If I understand this correctly, the only difference between the Red and the Black pads is color? 

Correct. Some people (like me) use the Black pad for a last round of polishing to finish off the paint with no cut and then use the Red pad for sealants/glazes/waxes.

But again, both have no cut. Color is the only difference.

I have used the white finishing pads with Revive.  Adds just a little cut to fix very fine swirls or scratches.

attachicon.gif20141107_154335.jpg

With the old Fine Machine Polish, I used to mix a few drops of Revive and FMP on the pad to do fine micro-marring (an old Dylan trick). It also helped with the greasiness. But again, this was with the OLD Fine Machine Polish. Not sure what it would do with the new stuff, nor do I recommend it (unless you want to experiment).

Edited by Kingsford