Customer Service 866.965.0400

Claying

flamefighter

Question

I've traveled all over the world in the last 12 years doing "secret CIA stuff" as my aunt always said...but really I was just going around on big gray ships that make boom noises and can't talk about that too much either :P

Its kinda like knowing things from a company that you cant know and cant talk about. so yeah we got that....

See Jimmy, told ya he is scurd of NE! 

My thoughts and questions about Adams blue clay bar:

1. It's not as good as the old gray. Yes, the gray was really sticky, but once you got the lube going, it wasn't so bad. My car also seems to grab really small bits off the clay on occasion and lightly bond it to the paint. Additional clay passes don't pull it back out either. Then I'm stuck with small blue specs on my paint. If im not polishing afterwards, it leaves me with a dilemma before sealing or waxing.

2. Question: clay is an abrasive. Some companies offer different levels (i.e. Light, medium, aggressive). Where does Adams clay fit in this spectrum? In my limited use, I would say it fits more in the light category. The gray clay, I felt like was closer to a medium grade. Also, why doesn't Adams offer different levels?

3. I love Adams products, but the clay is probably one of my least favorite items. Not terrible, just not on the same level as everything else.

I agree with all of those statements Jason. I loved the old gray clay bar we offered, but too many customers had complaints about it sticking to their fingers too much. We tried to compromise a little with the big blue clay bar - it's no longer sticky, but it's not as effective either :(

We don't plan to offer different grades of clay just yet, as we strive to keep the detailing process as simple, effective, and uncomplicated as possible, but I can say we will have some really great news in the upcoming weeks!

I still cannot say too much, but we did just film a new video last week on our new clay technology that we will be offering soon :secret:  

I am definitely impressed with it on every vehicle I've used it on thus far!

I wish I could give a comparison of the Adam's clay vs the clay I use. I simply have so much of it that it makes no sense to buy more. However I can say this. I bought a blue colored clay sold by a company with a number and a letter in their name ???? and I thought it was too fine. I then bought some gray clay advertised as medium (brand unknown). This bar turned out to be a lot stickier but actually picked up less material than my blue clay.

Not really sure if this helps but I felt the need to chime in, lol!