Customer Service 866.965.0400

Review: Red Wash Wedge

A few weeks ago, black friday maybe? I picked up a Red Wash Wedge/Shampoo/GWDT Combo. Weather and life's schedule (new baby...) has been counter intuitive to trying it out until tonight. Right at sunset (4:50) it was a nice and balmy 79* and my wife's highlander is the official vehicle of holiday transportation so I decided that we (and by we, I mean I...) COULD NOT show up to family's house in a vehicle that looked like it had gone 2 weeks without a wash and detail. 

And there it was teasing me from my wash pad tote on the top shelf... the Red Wash Wedge... I had half the mind to use just the red wash wedge but I decided I couldn't risk the rocker panels with it, so threw a wash pad in the soap bucket. 

I loaded the channels up with some soap and and dropped it in the bucket and created a bucket o suds. Foamed the highlander down with my Adam's foam gun, and while standing on my new work platforms started at the roof.

Initial thoughts:
"Don't press down on this... you're not trying to scrub!" 

"my oh my this feels much easier than the wash pads." 
"Oh look, squeeze and you get more suds...."
"wow this thing is light." 

"I love this grip" 

Over all I felt like the wash wedge provided me an 'easier' and more pleasurable wash experience. When I switched over to the wash pad for the lower portions of the panels, and the front of the vehicle, the wash pad picked up little shards of foam from my rinse bucket. I didn't see any missing pieces on the wedge so it's probably just some left overs from the cutting process. 

Overall I have to recommend the Red Wash Wedge as a great alternative to the synthetic wash pads. If for some reason you're adverse to the wash pads, or just looking for something different, you can't go wrong with it.

You all know what my Highlander looks like after a fresh wash (http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/29341-first-engine-detail/)

so you'll have to trust it came out looking just as well. 

I lost the race to sunset so I had to pull'er into the garage for the drying, trim, and tires. I'll have a write up about the tires tomorrow maybe since I used a new to me product, that I can't wait to see how they look in daylight. 

My beef with the wash pads has always been the clean up afterwards. The red wash wedge cleans up MUCH easier and more quickly than the wash pads do. If only there was a separate color one could order for use on the lower portions of the vehicle, it would probably become my only wash medium.

Couldn't agree more on the wash wedge. I got a yellow one last summer and have used it consistently ever since.

I got a second wedge in red (matches the car!) but still use the 10" wash pad for the lower panels. With the wedge, I can get maybe two swipes before I have to rinse to avoid transfer. With the wash pad, I sort of "roll" it and get 3 clean surfaces for 3 swipes, turn it inside out, and 3 more swipes before I have to rinse. I can get the heavy dirt off one whole side of the car with one dunk of the wash pad, then do a final once-over with the wedge to get whatever's left.