Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about Garry Dean Wash Method on trim

Texas Moe

Question

I just bought the Rinseless Wash Starter Kit because I wanted to start washing my cars using the Garry Dean method.  I have one problem area on my wife's car that I'm not sure how to handle using the GD method.  She has running boards that are attached to the vehicle which creates the perfect place for water and dirt to collect.  I've included pics below but curious how y'all would handle it.

post-12822-0-97965700-1451768126_thumb.jpg

post-12822-0-98067300-1451768146_thumb.jpg

8 answers to this question

I'd probably use some utility towels after you are completely done with the water and the rest of the vehicle.

Gary Dean method is nice and works well but leaves questions like this unanswered and other stuff like wheel wells and stuff.

Not familiar with GD method.......check out the Adam Pitale method.......http://adamspolishes.com/video?video_id=8

Basically its always washing with Rinseless Wash. Everyone uses similar here that washed with 8+ towels soaking in a bucket and the dirty towels are never reintroduced to the clean water or paint once all sides are dirty. Its the same thing. Gary just claims to be the person that came up with it, whether thats true or not I don't know. 

I don't like the method because I don't trust it except on vehicles that are slightly dirty or dusty. Not really for vehicles that have been driven in the snow, salt, mud or haven't been washed in about a month. Too many variables to create unnecessary scratches and swirls. This last paragraph is just my opinion though and how I wash/maintain.

Best way to do those running boards is with a soapy brush and hose.

Edited by Kingsford

I am with Matt and Jason use a 'work' towel at the end to clean them.  

I only use the 'bucket of towels' method when doing show cars.  For other Rinseless washes I use a MF 'dreadlock' wash mitt, and when I am finished I use a dedicated brush with the left over solution to do the wheels and running boards.

I did a bucket 'o towel method rinseless wash on my wife's highlander and that areas was the last thing I did.I used a "utility" towel and then threw it away.

Hopefully "utility" means something other than an Adam's utility towel. Adam's towels are great but, for the price, I don't use them on anything that would make me want to throw them away after.

Hopefully "utility" means something other than an Adam's utility towel. Adam's towels are great but, for the price, I don't use them on anything that would make me want to throw them away after.

Yeah... "Utility" means a 350-ish GSM towel from a big membership warehouse store thats owned by one of the worlds largest retailers.