Customer Service 866.965.0400

CSS or Flat

Kickerz71

Question

4 answers to this question

I really like CCS Pads for the PC and Flex. 

The thought behind the shape of the CCS pads is that the texture of the design distributes polish more evenly on a surface while absorbing less polish into the pad itself... It also helps prevent the pad from jumping or skipping around.

Edited by Kingsford

I get great results with our older Gen4 and our newer Gen5 pads, and I have used CCS-style pads in the past with no major complaints.

It is important to note though that those pads are not color coordinated to our polishes, so if you go that route, make sure you buy the correct pads for the polishes you are using.

I like the flat design of our Gen5 pads as they seem to correct a little faster for me, and the foam seems to be more forgiving and doesn't tear up as easily as our older wave-style pads if you don't have perfect technique with the machine, i.e. putting too much weight on one side of a pad vs. keeping the pad face flat against the surface area. The center cooling hole also allows for the pads to generate less heat.

My winning combo on most of the hammered vehicles I've worked on lately has been the orange microfiber pad with Paint Correcting Polish followed up by the white foam pad with Paint Finishing Polish.