Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior Detail Spray vs Exterior Detail Spray

kesmit

Question

I was just wondering what surfaces the interior and exterior detail sprays are safe to use on.  I've started using the exterior detailer in the house for dusting coffee table, speakers, woodwork, etc.  It does a great job, although the cats aren't as fond of the slippery tables. :)

It seems like exterior detailer would be safe for any exterior car surface including convertible tops and trim, so that would include vinyl and plastic.  For the most part, that's what car interiors are made of as well; the one difference would be that leather is likely only going to be found interiors.  With the similarities in materials, So what are the primary differences are between the interior detail spray and exterior detail spray?

2 answers to this question

I would actually advise against using our Detail Spray on an exterior cloth convertible top. Our Detail Spray does have shine enhancing agents in it to add gloss and extend the longevity of any wax or sealant a little longer, whereas the Total Interior Detailer will dry to a completely matte finish on plastics, vinyl, and leather. Total Interior Detailer also has cleaners and deodorizers in it for light cleaning of the interior.

I wouldn't use Detail Spray on a cloth convertible top.  But I can verify it is safe for interior plastics and vinyl as a quick wipedown product if you prefer the scent on the inside.  Detail Spray does not add any shine or gloss on interior plastic for whatever reason - it just looks totally natural.  The Total Interior Detailer adds a hint of a satin/matte finish, very natural looking as well but it does do a bit of darkening effect for what its worth.

They are two different products however in composition.  If used inside, DS is really only a dusting and wipedown product, it does not do much at all to clean a surface if it is dirty.