Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's App?

Adams has one of the best native mobile device shopping experiences I've seen here as of late. Putting and maintaining an app in the iOS store is a lot of work. I check and keep up with the forum through out the day on my mobile device and it's as good as any "forum app" experience that's out there.

I think the mobile platform is awesome. From the home page I click the upper right box. Menu shows up and I click new content. Read what I want to. Then when I am done with new content I click the same upper right box and then mark all read. Works great for me. Easily navigate and easy read.

If there was an app, would I use it? Probably.

Although push notifications would be good for some people.

Edited by Firebuff17

I think the mobile platform is awesome. From the home page I click the upper right box. Menu shows up and I click new content. Read what I want to. Then when I am done with new content I click the same upper right box and then mark all read. Works great for me. Easily navigate and easy read.

If there was an app, would I use it? Probably.

Although push notifications would be good for some people.

I do the same as Josh above. It keeps you from looking though all the forum areas that don't have any updates.

As for the App, With today's newer HTML coding for websites I think sites like Adams are just going to stay the way they are. When sites are built right they automatically change sizes to match PC, Tablets and Mobile Phones. As long as they were set up that way.

And as for the Mystery Boxes, They have it on the forum and Facebook now so other then sending out emails you just have to check the sites. I think they want it this way, it keeps people coming back and as far as I am concerned it puts a little fun into it.

Edited by BluedogGMC

An app would be nice. Getting pushed "Mystery Box" notifications would be nice for many. Adam's has a nice mobile platform (I always use full site when mobile, like now), but it is also 2016. :)

Yeah, I mean it doesn't bother me to use the website, and forum on my phone. I was just thinking streamline the process or get notifications.

I do the same as Josh above. It keeps you from looking though all the forum areas that don't have any updates.

As for the App, With today's newer HTML coding for websites I think sites like Adams are just going to stay the way they are. When sites are built right they automatically change sizes to match PC, Tablets and Mobile Phones. As long as they were set up that way.

And as for the Mystery Boxes, They have it on the forum and Facebook now so other then sending out emails you just have to check the sites. I think they want it this way, it keeps people coming back and as far as I am concerned it puts a little fun into it.

I've mentioned the idea of an app back when I started in October, and it would be really cool to push out notifications that way, but it's also one more thing (or rather 3 or more things if you consider Apple, Android, and Windows OS's, phones and tablets) that needs to be updated, monitored, and maintained to meet our quality expectations.

Yes it's 2016, technology has changed, and the convenience of an app is nice, but I'm not sure everyone realizes that Adam's is a very small company, and we're all already fully tasked with many responsibilities :)

Having said that, if we had a basic app with the Circle "A" logo that you could click on from your phone or tablet home screen that would bring up a simple interface that could redirect you to our website, adamsforums, facebook, or Instagram, and maybe have a "New Product" feed...would that be something that people would be interested in??? At least that would save the steps of opening up a brower and navigating to the page.

Something simple like a directory similar to what you described and a 'news' section to provide updates and info on sales would be awesome and would introduce the ability to use push notifications.

I would be cool with that. I know it's not the easiest to just make apps appear. When I'm bored at work I catch myself just tapping apps to waste time, and having that A on my homepage would be great. I already get all the emails but I "fetch" them once a day.

Having said that, if we had a basic app with the Circle "A" logo that you could click on from your phone or tablet home screen that would bring up a simple interface that could redirect you to our website, adamsforums, facebook, or Instagram, and maybe have a "New Product" feed...would that be something that people would be interested in??? At least that would save the steps of opening up a brower and navigating to the page.

You can set up the "A" like this. http://mobile-pixels.com/pin-webapp-website-android-homescreen/