Customer Service 866.965.0400

Moving : Washing without proper hose connection

Coderedpl

Question

So my wife and I are more than likely moving in the next 2 months. The place we are renting out does not have an outside hose connection so I'm looking into alternatives. I asked the people at the rental office about it and washing the car and they told me people do it, possibly using the faucet connection, but they're not going to be responsible if anything happens while doing so.

In the past, I've been able to use the gas pressure washer, aswell as the regular hose connection. Gas will likely not be an option here.

Initially I considered one of those portable pressure washers with a water tank, but seeing the price of one is about the same what an electric pressure washer is, it seems pointless. The two I've seen are either 4.5 or 8 gallon., which doesn't seem like much, and they only put a Max of 130 psi. Anybody have or use one?

So here come some questions.

1. Has anybody here gone the faucet to hose route in the past?

2. Has anybody used the above with an electric pressure washer? I assume pressure should be OK, there is indeed a washer/dryer hook up in one of the rooms

3. Anybody wash INSIDE their garage with a hose? Any suggestions on keeping the walls and other items dry?

Any other suggestions?

Using the washer hookup thru a "Y" type hose adapter would give you a mix of hot/cold=warm water wash,  Off the water heater bib will be HOT and also probably have all the sediment from the bottom of water heater unless it has been used/flushed recently.

Using the washer hookup thru a "Y" type hose adapter would give you a mix of hot/cold=warm water wash, Off the water heater bib will be HOT and also probably have all the sediment from the bottom of water heater unless it has been used/flushed recently.

The bib I used was only adjacent to the heater, not off the water heater. I believe it was actually off the cold supply going into the heater.

I have a pressure washer with the bucket of top for water . It works perfect . I can fill it in the house and bring it outside to wash . It does take a few bucket to complete a full wash tho . I would think rinseless would be a good option for u

Which do you have?

Assuming the faucet can provide adequate flow, this looks like a great solution.

I have one made by Coleman I'll get back to ya with a model number if u would like it

That would be great, thanks!

Not sure that one would work with my faucet, I guess when we finally move I'll have some stuff to try out, in the meantime I'll have to order some rinseless.