Customer Service 866.965.0400

New bucket for wheels/tires!

chops1sc

Got my gears turning this morning after watching some pvc life hacks. I've been wanting a bigger bucket for my wheel/tire cleaning, but I hate reaching down into the water for the tools. I came up with a little something to help!

Here's my old "setup"

ACB35326-BF2A-4EA8-AC9A-2ED97E2A6B7C_1.j

I cut different size pvc pipes and screwed them in place with stainless steel screws.

A85202E7-E1EB-4B7F-A002-8586141CC0CE.jpg

FB20E0B7-4DA8-49E1-B2E0-5A5478A028A8.jpg

Still plenty of room to reach in the bucket. Now I just need a grit guard.

0D2B1208-3AFE-41F0-81DC-9E15F850603F.jpg

I like it, might be a bit before I get to it but I like it. 

Currently I just use a bucket and a milk crate lol tools get used, rinsed, sprayed off, tossed in crate, on to next tire. Having some mounts for them sure would make it a little faster. 

The main problem I had with the small bucket is once I put some soapy water in it I couldn't hang the spray bottles on the side without dumping some water out. I'm probably going to get a dolly for the new bucket once I find out if I like it.

Got my gears turning this morning after watching some pvc life hacks. I've been wanting a bigger bucket for my wheel/tire cleaning, but I hate reaching down into the water for the tools. I came up with a little something to help!

Still plenty of room to reach in the bucket. Now I just need a grit guard.

0D2B1208-3AFE-41F0-81DC-9E15F850603F.jpg

My setup is similar to yours, but I don't put water in the bucket.  I rinse the wheels/tires/wells and the brushes, then spray on the chemicals.  I clean the tire area, rinse it, rinse the brushes, and move on to the next wheel.

My setup is similar to yours, but I don't put water in the bucket.  I rinse the wheels/tires/wells and the brushes, then spray on the chemicals.  I clean the tire area, rinse it, rinse the brushes, and move on to the next wheel.

I use water and a GG in mine just more to rinse the brush off and have a place to scrub dirt off it (fender liners get nasty!) plus it saves some water! 

I use water and a GG in mine just more to rinse the brush off and have a place to scrub dirt off it (fender liners get nasty!) plus it saves some water! 

I like to put some soap in there as well. I've got a grit guard on the way so it will be complete soon!

But wait there's more!  Grit Guard is just releasing the Washboard insert for the GG (I picked one up over the weekend).

post-1109-0-44905400-1458608856.jpg

post-1109-0-58502400-1458608811.jpg

post-1109-0-82010600-1458608834.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

At non-Adam's detailing event.  I have not seen them available online anywhere yet, but hopefully they will available here!  

Price is ~ $10.

how do you like the new grit guard washboard?  you feel it is worth the investment/adds value to your 2 bucket process?

how do you like the new grit guard washboard?  you feel it is worth the investment/adds value to your 2 bucket process?

I have only used it 'stand alone' (not attached to the GG) to wash my wheels after a Rinseless wash, and like it for that.  If you use a bucket for cleaning your wheels, then it would be a good addition.  

We will be prepping the 1912 race car for a show soon, and that is the only time I use a 'wheel bucket', so I will have more feedback after that. 

I have only used it 'stand alone' (not attached to the GG) to wash my wheels after a Rinseless wash, and like it for that.  If you use a bucket for cleaning your wheels, then it would be a good addition.  

We will be prepping the 1912 race car for a show soon, and that is the only time I use a 'wheel bucket', so I will have more feedback after that. 

I see.  So no use in a rinse bucket for a two bucket wash then.  Thanks for the info.

I see.  So no use in a rinse bucket for a two bucket wash then.  Thanks for the info.

It may be, but would take a lot of water to cover it to make it useful.  It would save reaching down a little.