Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about finishing polish

hemi1300

Question

My new rupes 15 will be here tomorrow and can't wait to try it out. My 2 black vehicles I maintain don't really need any correction currently, but of course I will have to give the rupes a test run. I always worry about removing clearcoat though if the paint doesn't need corrected. Would I be safe to use just finish polish every so often with a white foam pad to give the paint some depth and shine, without worrying about removing any clearcoat. My arsenal will now be rupes mini, cyclo, and rupes 15, and definitely want to get some use out of them throughout the year and figured finishing polish would work well if I technically don't need correction?

4 answers to this question

Finishing Polish probably doesn't take much clear coat off with it. 

I wouldn't do it more than 1 or 2 a year. For the paint some depth and shine, Patriot or  Americana. 

Heck, Buttery Wax on clean car with Paint Sealant really goes pop too. 

Yup, I use americana, brilliant glaze, and buttery for that extra pop and deep wet look on my black vehicles. Don't see why using a polisher with finishing polish a few times a year would be bad, bc as I understand the finishing polish isn't an abrasive and has no cut to it.