Customer Service 866.965.0400

First car show help me prep...

clg82

Question

Hey everyone as the title states i'll be entering into my first car show.  I have used all adams products on my car and have done the following:

1( Strip wash

2) Claybar

3)porter cable with paint correcting polish and finishing polish

4)paint sealant

5)brilliant glaze

6)Americana

Now, the car barely gets driven and is in storage most of it's life so what do you suggest I do the day before the car show to help my car "pop" the most out in the Cali sun for the show?  Mind you it is a white car, but should I do a full 2 bucket wash prior to the show since it may have some dust on it from being in storage?  A coat of "brilliant glaze" than a detail spray wipe down the day of after arriving?  any help would be greatly appreciated.  Here's a picture of the car for reference:

IMG_58101_zpsxbmg9jyg.jpg

8 answers to this question

Take a bucket with you to the show with a few towels and rinseless solution in it and do a rinseless wash at the show - dry it with Detail Spray and if you want more shine hit it with some Brilliant Glaze.

Thanks Ricky....the show is only a couple of blocks away...would it be a bad thing to hit it with some waterless and than some brilliant glaze in my driveway before leaving...than get whatever may be left over with some detail spray?

Oh if the show is a few blocks away I'd wipe it down with Waterless and put the glaze on it (I assume you use it) before leaving, when you park then just wipe down with Detail Spray and the Single/Double/Triple Soft towel of choice

My first recommendation is if you have a bit of a drive to the show.

Oh if the show is a few blocks away I'd wipe it down with Waterless and put the glaze on it (I assume you use it) before leaving, when you park then just wipe down with Detail Spray and the Single/Double/Triple Soft towel of choice

My first recommendation is if you have a bit of a drive to the show.

oh gotcha!  Yeah it's only a couple of blocks away, not a long drive...if then I would see using the rinseless...

Chris, Sounds like you have a good plan, however I would lay down the BG first then PS.

In my first post the 1-6 is what I have already done to my car....beginning of last week actually...and it was my first time using Adams products so did I do the Brillinant Glaze/Paint sealant in an order that is incorrect?...I was always under the assumption that is was ok to put Brilliant Glaze over paint sealant for that extra "POP" right before a car show...any help would be appreciated.

There is no wright or wrong way, I like the BG under for its filling abilities and under PS it will last longer.

I also will, say for a show put a coat of BG over my PS for a quick pop. It just don't last however BG won't build up either so you could apply a coat every weekend if you like.

Hope this makes sense to you.