Customer Service 866.965.0400

Product storage temperature, and ideas for a solution

chevy_cowboy

Question

Hey all, 

My preferred spot for washing and detailing is at my trucking company's shop, Its a steel building with a nice wash bay in one corner.  Works great, but the issue is the building is not cooled at all, and only heated when we're there, so temperature in the building swings basically the same as outdoor in southern Illinois, as cold as zero on extreme days and highs of 100+.  Obviously that's not good for detailing chemicals, so currently I keep them at home and haul them back and forth constantly, which is a pain.  

I've been trying to come up with a better solution, my first thought was an old refrigerator set on a higher than normal temp, but the 2 I've tested are only about 45-50 degrees on the warmest setting.  Is that too cold?  I also wondered about modifying the thermostat on a fridge to get 65-70 degree range, not sure if that's possible or not.  What temperature range is safe for most Adams products?  Does it really need to be room temp or are we just trying to avoid the extremes?  

Anyone have any suggestions or better ideas than these?  I'm more concerned with finding a solution for summer, winter isn't as big of a deal since the nice cars are in storage and the daily drivers don't have to be washed that often.

Thanks

Paul

8 answers to this question

I do have a couple Adam's bags that I use, but it'd still be nice to have everything over there, I always seem to forget something and have to come back home.  I also just got a few of the new 32oz bottles, and I don't think they'll fit in the bags without taking the sprayer off.

I took apart the thermostat on our old shop fridge tonight, it seemed like the only thing keeping me from turning it higher was a little plastic nub, I ground that off with a dremel and turned the knob another 1/4 turn or so and left a thermometer in it.  I hope that does the trick but I'll give it a day or so to see what the temp ends up being.  

the refrigerator that is off would regulate temperature better than your warehouse.  Might check on what the temperature would be when it is just off.  Its insulated and will regulate a steady temp by itself.  Granted it will still fluctuate given the building temperature but not as much as you would think.