Customer Service 866.965.0400

Proactive covers on new vehicle

dcpac

Question

I pick up my new truck on Saturday and I just confirmed with the dealer that they will not wash it like I asked. He asked me if I wanted them to remove the white protective shipping sheets, I said no. Now I am wondering how hard they are to remove. Has anyone removed them before?

5 answers to this question

^^^Exactly what Rich stated .. I did the same thing when I purchased my car after taking off the leftover protective sheeting.  **Must clay!! You will get all the contaminants out including any rail dust.  Looks better than new even if it is! 

Just a thought, maybe let the dealer remove the plastic just in case there could be a paint imperfection from the factory. My brother just took delivery of a BMW435i and the car was loaded with sanding spots from the factory, he then had the dealer measure the areas with a paint thickness gauge. The readings ended up being very comparable to the rest of the paint, funny thing is he his the shop foreman at the dealership! I asked if they would normally inspect those areas and he said they'd just polish them out and send it on its way

Edited by vobro

We took delivery of my wife's Mazda with all the protective sheets still on the paint. Removal was very easy and yes, there will be a slight amount of adhesive left around where the sheet edges were. I took a chance on Mazda's quality control regarding paint condition!

All turned out well. I have not had a chance to fully detail yet but have been keeping it protected with H20 G&G and detail spray during drying. At least we have no dealer installed swirl marks!