Customer Service 866.965.0400

No more 16oz Paint Correcting Polish?

Just went to order some more Paint Correcting Polish and saw that you only offer an 8 oz size now for $19.99 ($2.50 per oz). Whereas, previously, you had a 16 oz size available for $29.99 ($1.87 per ounce). So now I have to buy less at a 33% markup? I know this stuff is good, but I don't know if it's that good.

Compare that to a 32 oz bottle of Meguiar's M105 on Amazon for $28.77 ($0.90 per oz). That's only 36% of what you're currently charging. I've never used the M105, but at less than half the price, I may have to give it a shot.

Edited by x1s1x300

I'm not a troll. I'm just wondering what happened to the 16 oz Paint Correcting Polish? Out of stock? Discontinued?

I apologize for calling troll.  It just seemed strange this being your first post and comparing Adam's to Meguiar's .  That's like comparing a Ferrari to a Pinto.   :lolsmack:

But welcome to the forum.   :welcomebanner:  You'll find this place to be full of great info and people.  

Edited by hamilton2400

I just called and talked to somebody at Adam's and he confirmed, no more 16 oz bottles. Too bad. He did say they may be releasing a 32 oz bottle in the future. This is unfortunate, because I had great results with the Adam's polish. After a bit of research, I think I'm gonna give the Menzerna FG400 a try. I'm still an Adam's fan, but I'm not paying $20 for 8 oz of polish.

I apologize for calling troll.  It just seemed strange this being your first post and comparing Adam's to Meguiar's .  That's like comparing a Ferrari to a Pinto.   :lolsmack:

But welcome to the forum.   :welcomebanner:  You'll find this place to be full of great info and people.  

Thanks! I didn't mean to compare the two, just simply the prices. I have no experience with the M105, I just know it's a very popular alternative. Upon further research, I've read that the FG400 is a lot more similar to Adam's product. Hopefully Adam's will release a 32 oz size in the near future at a more competitive price.

Too many people weren't using the 16 oz bottle up in a reasonable time frame so the 8 oz bottles came to be.

Very true.  I've been using my 16 oz bottle for years (maintaining 2 cars).  However, I will agree with the OP that the pricing of the 8 oz versions is a bit high especially versus competitors with similar quality products.  While I know the pricing change doesn't bother many on this site, I was a little disappointed that the price per oz shot up compared to the previously-offered 16 oz versions. 

David you should still be able to find a few of the 16oz bottles around on eBay for $29.99. I do agree that these 8oz bottles should've been priced around $15.99 considering you're only getting half the amount of product. I understand the whole size thing and how not everyone will be able to use that much product in a timely manner, but there's no reason they should hike up the prices. Same thing goes for the Paint Sealant and Metal Polishes.

Edited by champ09

We have to keep on mind there is a certain amount of cost that goes into marketing a product including the cost of packaging, shipping, etc.

So $19.99 is probably not that bad.

That applies to all products. For example a 16oz bottle of wheel cleaner is $14.99, the new 32oz size is $29.99 (on sale for $24.99 currently). Double the product, double the price. Makes sense, right? So if you're selling a 16oz bottle of paint correcting polish for $29.99 and decide to shrink it down to half the size at 8z, the price should be adjusted to half accordingly, which is $14.99. The $5 price hike to $19.99 on the 8z products doesn't make sense to me at all.

It does to me because they still need to make a certain amount of money to market and handle a product period.

Its a flat number. That flat number does not have to increase as it goes up in price,  but has to stay there as it goes down.

The markup comes from a cost increase, as well as a nicer bottle. Everything gets cheaper as you buy more of it (milk at gas station vs milk at Costco).

Let the product and ease of application speak for itself. If you don't like it, you get your money back....plus 10% just for being a customer!

If that's the case they should've kept the 16oz bottles for those that will go through that volume of product and then the smaller 8oz for those who won't be using too much and only want a small amount.

This way, everyone is happy.

Edited by champ09

I was curious to check out the latest pricing on menz 400, and it turns out it's actually priced right in line with this new 8oz size of PCP, and in some places a couple bucks more. Just FYI.

I was curious to check out the latest pricing on menz 400, and it turns out it's actually priced right in line with this new 8oz size of PCP, and in some places a couple bucks more. Just FYI.

I noticed that too, but they also offer a 32 oz size that's significantly cheaper per ounce compared to their 8 oz size.

To the op the newer bottles are much nicer and more durable. That being said I think Dan said they were a Nalgene material which is significantly more cost for adams... Stuff rolls downhill. Adams has impeccable products and service I am willing to spend 20 on a bottle that will last me a year or more without hesitation. I was one originally who thought it was not right either but it's economics if the price is up to make its up for you to buy. Welcome to America where everything will continue to rise in cost lol

Edited by Dwhite0960