Customer Service 866.965.0400

towels with colored edges to match products

Color matched single/double/triple soft towels  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy single/double/triple soft towels with edges color matched to Adam's products?

I'm a bit OCD about my detailing supplies, Adam's already does this for their Hex Grip applicators. I think it would be pretty sick if they offered their towels with silk edges to match the products.

IE

Pink border for Detail Spray

Yellow border for buttery wax

etc...

Not sure how it would work, would there be 3 of each color?  I try to color coordinate all my detailing stuff and this would be perfect imho. This sounds overkill, and normally I'd agree. But the people who use Adam's products tend to be a bit beyond your normal detailers when it comes to spending $$$ :D   So I decided to make a poll to see, who knows maybe this could happen one day. I'd definitely buy at least 6 of each.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you don't need a towel for just Buttery Wax and just paint sealant and just Americana. As long as you wash them you can use them with any wax or LSP. 

I separate mine by use (not product) and I'm sure many other people do too. Every type of towel can be used with multiple products. There is no need to dedicate 1 towel to 1 product when it can be used with multiple. 

Edited by Kingsford

I personally wouldnt, I have quite a stock already and trying to figure out what I would want to add to the collection really wouldnt be worth it for me. Also I personally think that if you have a fair stock of them and clean properly it really wont matter, yes I have a couple discolored towels but they dont bother me much. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is you don't need a towel for just Buttery Wax and just paint sealant and just Americana. As long as you wash them you can use them with any wax or LSP. 

I separate mine by use (not product) and I'm sure many other people do too. Every type of towel can be used with multiple products. There is no need to dedicate 1 towel to 1 product when it can be used with multiple. 

Of course there's no need, but there's hex grip applicators which are color coded. You could technically use the blue one for everything.  While I'm on it, Adam's should make color coded mints too...

Edited by quebert

Of course there's no need, but there's hex grip applicators which are color coded. You could technically use the blue one for everything.  While I'm on it, Adam's should make color coded mints too...

The only Blue Yellow and Red are the only ones that are the same. I have Blue for Polish and Red for wax. very similar to the way I use my towels. The Blue and Orange have different cuts because the Orange is supposed to be more aggressive (unless this has changed and no announcement was ever made).

I personally don't have a need or require different color matched edging, the chemicals will die the towels by them selves and I can use a colored permanent marker (sharpie) to color a dot on the corners until the towel gets died by the product. but wouldn't mind if the edging was a little more distinct between single, double, and triple softs. Just my $0.02

Yeah my single softs that I use for detail spray are permanently stained pink! Really easy to pick them out from the bunch. I use the gray borderless for H2O G&G so no problems there. Otherwise it's just pretty much grab and go.

Although I do certainly have "catagories": interior, glass, doorjambs, wheels only etc. And of course the "retirement bin" which I use for old stained towels, perfect for engine compartment etc.