Customer Service 866.965.0400

When to replace towels?

PT3

Question

Hey guys.... When do you toss your towels?

I've got some that are going on 2-3 years old. Several have stains that won't come out. I use MFR to wash them. Though, I keep the Rinseless wash and G&G towels in a pre-soak with tap water and All Clear in a bucket. Sometimes they sit in there for several weeks until I do a load of laundry. Some are def feeling rougher than when they were new.

So, how do YOU know when to toss / replace a towel?

post-12257-0-57338800-1468375029_thumb.jpg

Edited by PT3

6 answers to this question

I think it depends on how you wash/dry them. I am not a fan of air drying my towels so I toss them in the dryer on Very Low for 20 min. intervals until dry. I have some edgeless towels that are over a year old that are starting to lint a little. I will be demoting these to rinseless wash duty (I dont think the lint will kill the wash lol).

I just saw the other reply so I'll add this; I have heard about boiling them but I have not tried it yet. How long do you have to boil them?

When is that APPROXIMATELY...? A year...two...more...?

Could be after first wash, could be after 5 years -

I agree, when they start linting, they become rinseless wash towels or under the kitchen sink towels -

Some towels I've washed twice and they were junked, or some I've washed for 5 years

Stains mean nothing to me, they come out clean but can remain stained and work just fine

This is a good question!

I keep getting lint on my vehicle.  It's driving me nuts.  We use Adams MF cleaner and wash things separate.  I always thought if you bought a good MF towel it would last until it wore out.   If I am understanding this right, all MF will at some point start to lint, and when it does it becomes a rag?