Customer Service 866.965.0400

compound and polishing questions

tonymix17

Question

so from all that i've read  and somewhat tried myself their are cutting compounds now a days that cut light, medium, and deep scratches, water spots, and swirls? this is called a 1 step meaning it gets rid of everything? Then all you do is use a very good polish again cuts light, medium, and deep? all i have left to do is correctly polish a car and use different pads as opposed to using different cutting compounds? my question originates from a while ago because all i used on my truck was ultimate compound by meguiars and ultimate polish by meguiars again and the truck came out fine.

10 answers to this question

any reason why i should go with adams if the other products im using are getting the job done? and i know it smells GOOD!! hah. how have you been liking using the polish products? also the metal cleaner?

any reason why i should go with adams if the other products im using are getting the job done? and i know it smells GOOD!! hah. how have you been liking using the polish products? also the metal cleaner?

The correction products works well but I also have some other brands which are equal in my opinion. So if you have something already you might want to try it.

But don't hesitate to buy the Adams as it does work in you are needing something.

Not sure what you mean by metal cleaner?  If you are talking about the metal polishes they work great too.

Based on the paint corrections I've done, Adams paint correcting polish with the matching orange pad removes all imperfections and finishes down so well there really isn't a need a second stage product, like Adams finishing polish with white pad. 

Based on the paint corrections I've done, Adams paint correcting polish with the matching orange pad removes all imperfections and finishes down so well there really isn't a need a second stage product, like Adams finishing polish with white pad. 

This is mostly true for me as well, probably on around 75% of the vehicles that I've worked on in the last 18 months or so. For some darker colors and soft clear coats, I will still sometimes need to do the second step polish with Finishing Polish and a White Foam Pad though, depending on which machine polisher I'm using as well.

Cool thanks yall just needed some more input. Thinking about buying a junkyard hood and polishing on that to get good at polishing.

Honestly if you are using a DA and the two step Adams process you really dont need anything to practice on. Its very forgiving .

Now a rotary buffer would be totally different.