Customer Service 866.965.0400

Order for Claying Paint and Glass

avimore

Question

Hi, I recently saw an Adam's video where they first clayed the paint only, applied a layer of LPS and then clayed/sealed the glass as one of the last steps in the detail.

Is there a reason why the glass was clayed/sealed until the end?

I was thinking it would be easier to clay the paint and glass at the same time, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Yep, you can clay both areas at the same time. I actually always instruct people new to using a clay bar to learn on the glass first, as it is a much harder material and typically will not scratch or get marred up like clear coat could potentially do if pressing too hard with the clay or using a section for too long without folding it over to a new clean side. As Rich said though, you will want the glass surface as clean as possible before applying Glass Sealant though.

We were on some pretty tight time constraints during the latest video shoot on-location in Arizona, so we wanted to make sure we got segments filmed when the lighting was right, and a lot of comments and footage gets cut out in the editing process as well :)