Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze streaking

Ls1transam

Question

So I clayed my car. It always has streaks from the detail spray. I used the glaze after to try and remove the streaks and to add some pop to the paint. Now the glaze isn't coming up very well. It looks like it's leaving a transparent smear on the paint. Why is it doing this?

17 answers to this question

Ive used the glaze a lot and it's never don't this before. No pics, it wouldnt show up in them. I used another coat of glaze and it improved drastically. Almost all the streaks were gone.

However, I have another problem. I tried H20 GG for the first time. It was a disaster!!!!! It turned my car into one big smear ????????????. I ordered 2 of the grey borderless towels. Should I have ordered more to use?? Maybe I used too much product??? It wasn't a good experience I'll say that. Not sure if I'll use it anymore.

In regards to the h20 it sounds like you had extra product on there. If I get trigger happy on a panel i notice it takes a significant amount of wiping to get it knocked back down. I use one or 2 sprays a panel and don't do my windows personally since I clean them anyways. Once you find the happy spot it is a amazing product def give it another try

John, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences with the Brilliant Glaze and the H2O G&G. I'm glad you fixed the problem with the glaze so I'm here to help you with the H2O. First, two towels is plenty and try not to do it in direct sunlight as that will dry the product a lot faster. Your damp, smearing towel should get very wet while using the product but you don't want to spray too much, as said above, I would defiantly try using a smaller amount of product per panel and really make sure that you smear the H2O as best as you can. Then the second dry towel will be a lot easier to use and shouldn't get very wet. Just make sure you get every little spot when wiping the second time so it will not look smeared. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know!  :pc:

Awesome thanks for the reply. I love the glaze, I'm not sure what happened this time. I use it like crazy on my TransAm. I'm pretty sure I use way too much of the GG. I'll give it another go. I used the borderless grey towels. Just makin sure I had the right ones. Also, would using the glaze before the GG cause any issues?

Awesome thanks for the reply. I love the glaze, I'm not sure what happened this time. I use it like crazy on my TransAm. I'm pretty sure I use way too much of the GG. I'll give it another go. I used the borderless grey towels. Just makin sure I had the right ones. Also, would using the glaze before the GG cause any issues?

It should't! Are you saying glaze and then the next wash you GG again? Or GG right after glaze using the dry application method?

Try going back over the HGG with a little more of it. Re-wet one panel, mist 1 or 2 sprays of HGG on the panel (1 spray for a front fender, maybe 2 sprays for a door panel), wipe it in with a wet borderless gray towel, and then immediately buff it off with a second dry borderless gray towel. If you see improvement on that panel, move onto another one.

With HGG, we recommend to only apply it to a few panels at a time - you do not want to spray it around the entire vehicle all at once and then try to spread it and buff it, as it will dry up too quickly on some spots of the car. I will only use about 2-3 ounces out of the 16oz bottle to do an entire normal size sedan, maybe a little more for a larger truck.

With the Brilliant Glaze and H2O Guard, always make sure to shake the bottles very thoroughly before using either. They both separate out in their bottles, and if not mixed properly, it could be causing some of the issues you're experiencing.