Customer Service 866.965.0400

ENGINE CLEANER, How to do it? What to protect while doing it

Alie1979

APC at full strength with a soft brush, such as the wheel brush and/or trim and lug nut brush to agitate, then rinse with a slow stream of water from your hose or a spray bottle.  Once it's nice and clean, you can get away with Waterless Wash and Detail spray for those in between times.  

Most newer cars have plastic covers over almost everything, so it's not too dangerous, but avoid high pressure streams anywhere there are electrical connections and careful not to puddle moisture around coil packs.   On older cars, stuff a rag or towel in the carbs and air intake.  Don't spray water into the alternator.  

Dress with VRT and In&Out Spray.

I usually wait for the engine compartment to be warm to the touch. Then I grab the APC and spray it down with the mist setting. I'll wait one or two minutes, grab my boars hair brush, dunk it in the soap bucket and start scrubbing. When I'm done scrubbing, I turn on the car and rinse while its idling. Next turn off and remove excess water with my older rags. I use a combination of VRT and in-out spray on all the plastics and hoses. The things to protect would be exposed air filters and aftermarket wiring like the video says. Don't use very high pressure when rinsing.

post-11289-0-36960000-1471716735_thumb.jpg